PDA

View Full Version : Wood carving machine

Yuriy Kholodov
Mon 08 January 2007, 12:22
is it possible to use mechmate as wood carving machine?

Arthur Ransom
Mon 08 January 2007, 14:58
Yes and no. As designed it can do deep relief up to the depth of the Z axis. Adding a 4th axis to rotate the piece horzonaly then gives full carving ability. Basicly the machine I am finishing up. http://turningaround.org/4_axis_mill.htm
MechMate is far superior to my design and modifying it for a 4th axis is not hard. My next machine will be a MechMate modifyed to rotate/carve columns 24" by 12'. Wish I had found MechMate first.

Normand Blais
Sun 11 March 2007, 13:54
Here is a link to carving machines pictures I collected on the web . Many of theses company are close now due to c.n.c. Thank to the ones who took those pics. and Gerald to allow posting.

fabrica
Mon 12 March 2007, 08:16
Hi Norman, Visited your website and found some interesting carvings. Are these hand carved or machine done. If done with a CNC what's the machine you have. Obvoisly your machine should be having a 5th and 6th axis.

Normand Blais
Mon 12 March 2007, 16:12
hi Fabrica they are done by hand that web site was before I got my c.n.c. shopbot .I see you doing carving to . How is your indexer lathe coming up? Bravo for building your MECHMATE

fabrica
Mon 12 March 2007, 21:03
I will start to fix indexer today. It will be mounted parallel to Y axis.