MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Structure & Mechanics > 50. Toolheads
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 06 July 2010, 03:01
Taras
Just call me: taras

Kiev
Ukraine
Will this configuration solve problem of recieving of incorrect data (FF F7 F8 00 00

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyZee View Post
In these circumstances the effect of a long single-ended shield is a better antenna than a dual ended shielded cable.

Basic neccessity for these chinese noisy VFDs are:
-dual ended shielding for spindle<->VFD cable
-common mode choke (torroidal ferrite) on motor<->VFD cable
-EMI suppression filter on power input to VFD.
Hello. I'm stuck. My VFD sends wrong information (FF F8 F0 00 00 00 and others. The message comes with 00 00 CRC bytes.). I tried to use Spindle talker, Serial Port monitor, scotta's hy_vfd EMC component but unsuccefull. Nothing works.

It's all because of noise or mainboard of VFD is buggy?

Thank
Old Tue 24 August 2010, 14:09
chris saintdenis
Just call me: chris

detroit, mi
United States of America
I am consider buying a air cooled 0.8kw spindle for light foam and clay sculpture work and some day up to 4kw spindle for heavy duty cutting in harder materials.

Will the HuanYang VFD 4kw run the 0.8kw spindle.

4kw VDF
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

0.8kw air cooled spindle
http://cgi.ebay.com/0-8KW-AIR-COOLE-...efaultDomain_0

If the 4kw VDF would work out my plan would be to first buy the 4kw VDF and a 0.8kw spindle, then far into the future buy up to a 4kw spindle. Some of my 3d foam sculpture could take days to cut and I am assuming 0.8kw spindle would not cost much per hour to operate.

Thanks
Old Tue 24 August 2010, 15:49
danilom
Just call me: Danilo #64

Novi Sad
Serbia
My opinion is to go with the stronger spindle right away, price difference is not that much.

But if you have some other plans for the 0.8kW unit and not to sell it then its ok.

4kW VFD will run the 0.8kW spindle, just set the current rating and voltage right for the 0.8kW spindle.

p.s. try to find local distributor of Delta or some other more reliable brand of VFD. The price should not
be more that 10% more from the chinese one. Mine 2.2kW Control Techniques costed 200EUR, 4kW one was 380eur, and
you have a 3 year warranty and service available.

Last edited by danilom; Tue 24 August 2010 at 15:53..
Old Tue 24 August 2010, 19:28
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
That air-cooled spindle seems to have no fan, and some tiny air slots. If there is no fan, then those slots are going to become a blanket when they fill with dust?
Old Tue 24 August 2010, 20:16
chris saintdenis

detroit, mi
United States of America
Thanks Danilo!

After reading more about HuanYang VFD quality I will look to purchase a better quality VFD locally.

I am concerned about the cost of running 2.2kw - 4kw spindles from a single phase 220v power supply. I currently researching and trying to understand input and output requirments for a VDF.

VFD
http://www.driveswarehouse.com/docum...spede/PC1B.pdf

4.kw spindle
http://cgi.ebay.com/4KW-AIR-COOLED-S...efaultDomain_0

Why does the 4kw 12a spindle specs not seem to jive with the Polyspede PC1-050 specs? PC1-050 Vdf shows an applicable motor size of 3.75kw even though it can output 17a, which is way above the 4kw spindles required 12a. Does that mean I would need just jump up to the PC1-075?

Wow, after reading this I now think the question would be better left to a Polyspede rep. I will still throw it out to the Mechmate forum, if just to demonstrat my ignorance.... Now I am off to try and find on explantion of how a VDF takes 36.3a of 1-phase and output 17a of 3-phase?
Old Wed 25 August 2010, 07:52
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Chris, I' won't & can't answer your Polyspede question, but I think I can help you understand the power behavior of single phase input VFD.
VFD NEVER surge, that is why they made them, so you can use them provided your socket amp is within the VFD requirements.
They will take as much power as they need for your job & in most cases, you will never reach the max power output of your 2.2kw ever less likely with 4kw unless you are damn careless with your machine operation such as digging oil with your spindle rig.
I did mentioned earlier that VFD take in 50/60Hz AC power (be it single or 3 phase) & ractify them to DC the chop them up as 3 phase AC of desired frequency. so single phase or 3 phase can work. even with a 3 phase input inverter, you can rig it as a single phase input, as long as the input power is sufficient to supply you output demand, you won't burn anything...
Hope this help.
Old Thu 26 August 2010, 11:29
chris saintdenis

detroit, mi
United States of America
Gerald,

Good point about the air ports getting clogged up. I ask the ebay seller about the air-cooled spindle. I have not yet received an answer. I did find this post on CNC Zone.

"Bob Willson24th May 2010, 01:38 PM
Dear Bob

Our 1.5KW air-cooled spindle inbuilt the fan.

Regards aoran

-love-happyshopping"

Still it does seem that dust and foam particles will quickly accumulate in the spindle stopping air flow. If so I would rather deal with water cooling system rather than constantly blowing out the spindle(if that would even work?). I plan on long and mess foam cuts. The more I read a water cooled 2.2kw spindle and a Hitachi X200-022NFU1 VFD seem like a good combo for me.

Thanks
Old Thu 26 August 2010, 13:10
danilom
Just call me: Danilo #64

Novi Sad
Serbia
I never owned a spindle before but water cooled version which I bought from Deitech is my favourite piece of machine now, it runs quiet and cool and required just a 25EUR submersible pump for cooling (ATMAN 105) and 15 meters of pipes 7EUR so its not a great deal to get it running. Also it does not blow the dust away.

From this point of view all pros are on the side of water cooled spindle, but maybe later I will run into some problems which I dont have now. So for time being my vote goes to water cooled version.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read