MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 03 December 2011, 08:37
kd4lyh
Just call me: JEFF

SPRING HILL, FL
United States of America
Another new guy - Spring Hill FL, USA

My name is Jeff. I live in Spring Hill, Fl. I do have a set of MechMate plans which Ive been studying religiously along with alot of the build threads with those little paperclips next to them. Been making lots of sticky notes. I plan on a laser cut kit from Mike here soon when I return from Wisconsin. I will probably go with a 4X6footprint for now. I have spent countless hours on the internet reading about diy cnc routers I would get frustrated. Then I came across the MechMate forum group, I already had the plans just didnt look at them till recently. I joined the group and started reading the build threads, looking at build pics taking notes, ect. Im sure I will have questions once I actually start to procure parts and build. I have finally found the machine I been looking for and a home. The MechMate and MechMate forum group.

--Jeff--
Old Sat 03 December 2011, 10:00
jessyjames
Just call me: James

Reno, Nevada
United States of America
Welcome Jeff..

You had me at Hello too
Old Sat 03 December 2011, 10:33
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Well, your in good comPany. You have MechMates in holiday, orlAndo and elswhere here in florida. Good luck!
Old Sat 03 December 2011, 20:33
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Welcome !!! Looking forward to your build.
Old Sun 04 December 2011, 14:37
Regnar
Just call me: Russell #69

Mobile, Alabama
United States of America
Welcome to the forum. Shoot me a pm and maybe we can setup a time for you come down and see mine. Your only about 45 minutes away.

Also plan on a trip out to Orlando for a lot of you cables and a few electronics. The name of the place is escaping me right now but it's an aircraft surplus store. You will save hundreds on wire.
Old Sun 04 December 2011, 21:41
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Jeff,

You don't want to see that old run down machine of Russell's. Come to Orlando where the real MMs are.

Only kidding. Russell made an excellent machine and you will learn a lot from seeing his machine. Then if you want to see one of the older machines and visit Skycraft come to Orlando.
Old Mon 05 December 2011, 07:50
Regnar
Just call me: Russell #69

Mobile, Alabama
United States of America
Thanks Nils, I really couldn't remember the name only able to see the rocket in my head.

Jeff just to let you know Nils is like the unofficial rep for Mechmate. Seems like most people end up his place, they also end up taking out a mail box while they are there to.
Old Mon 05 December 2011, 08:25
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Russell,

Hey I don't deserve a bad rap. It isn't my fault you guys don't know how to drive. Besides since I moved to my shop there is plenty of space for you guys to turn around with out hitting any thing. But I can install a mailbox if you need practice backing into one.

I am the unofficial FL rep. Almost every one in FL and some from as far away as Australia have visited my machine.

A visit to Skycraft is worth the trip to Orlando.
Old Mon 05 December 2011, 08:53
kd4lyh
Just call me: JEFF

SPRING HILL, FL
United States of America
The response here is great. What a great group of people. I have been to Skycraft Surplus many times in the past. Just about any kind of wire you can think of and electronic components. I-4 at the Fairbanks Avenue Exit. I would love to see some of the machine you guys built. Am looking forward to it.

--Jeff--

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read