MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > The Market Place
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 20 July 2010, 23:42
jpalttala
Just call me: Jyrki

Pirkanmaa
Finland
DXF Software

Hello

I just joined MM Forum.

I have played with StepWalk machine (StepWalk) and EMC2 (LinuxCNC) combination for few years as my hobby.

I found great software to create suitable G-code files for EMC2 based system. Software is also DXF capable and costs a fraction compaired to Autocad and Solidworks.
In addition it is very easy to use. There is also free demo version witch is limited to small and simple parts (restricted amount of generated G-code)

SimplyCAM and Bmp2Cnc from MR-Soft

Quot from SimplyCAM description:

SimplyCam is a fully integrated 2d CAD/CAM system that can directly open, create, edit and save drawings in industry standard DXF format.

SimplyCam also convert raster images (Bmp and Jpeg) to vector by drawing centerlines and outlines.

SimplyCam allows to manipulate vector (Scale, Rotate, Mirror, Move, Offset), to create cad drawing with Line, Rectangle, Arc/Ellipse, Polyline and Spline and to modify the drawing with Fillet, Trim, Break, Extend and Explode block function.

SimplyCam also converts any True Type font into vector.

SimplyCam can use up to 256 layers. The following properties can be applied to each layer: color, pen width, visible and move entity from-to layer.

SimplyCam now provide CNC Gcode for Milling, Routing, Water Jet, Laser and Plasma.

SimplyCam can import NC programs, simulate and convert them to geometry. Only reads the G0, G1, G2, and G3 commands for conventional milling.

SimplyCam included great number of open post-processor such as:
AutoGrav, Fanuc, Fadal, Haas, Heidehain, Iso, Mach2/3, MaxNc, Selca, Siemens, ShopBot, Tecno-Isel, TurboCnc, ....

Last edited by jpalttala; Tue 20 July 2010 at 23:53..

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read