MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Computing, Software & Programming > CNC motion control software
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 02 March 2010, 16:35
ekdenton
Just call me: Ed #8

Alamogordo, NM
United States of America
shuttle

Hi Guys,
Say for some reason i can't get my keyboard jog buttons to move the gantry or zcar. it was working earlier but quit in the middle of a job. i have to pull up the jog pad on the mach3 screen to move it now. Someone else was running the MM so i dont know if they clicked on something in Mach3 to change settings or what. I have not been using my MM since last summer so i forgot most of what i knew about it. Help??
Old Tue 02 March 2010, 17:22
ekdenton

Alamogordo, NM
United States of America
Probably something real simple i am overlooking or forgot about. Getting oldtimers disease i guess.

I reset Mach 3 to the settings 22 programs before and now it is working.
Old Tue 02 March 2010, 17:52
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
open mach3, check if the jog on/off (ctrl-alt-J) button is lit (in the tool information box)
if its lit but no movement, press the TAB key, check if Jog Mode is in the Cont. position, then check if the Slow jog Rate is above 1 (I have mine at 100 99% of the time) and finally check if the MPG led is set to velocity only or step/velocity

Good Luck
Old Tue 02 March 2010, 20:24
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Nice to see you again Ed! We have had a couple of keyboards go bad in the workshop environment.
Old Tue 02 March 2010, 21:14
ekdenton

Alamogordo, NM
United States of America
Thanks guys.
I was thinking the same thing Gerald. It is working now. Funny thing before it quit working we had a glitch as we were doing lettering on a sign and we had run the pockets with a 1/4" mill bit, and then were running the v bit to bevel the inside edges of the letters and the cutt was about 1" off where it should have been cutting and my helper stopped the cutt with the safety power shutt down switch and it was after that was when we could not get the jog buttons to work. Maybe it was just a glitch in Mach 3 because of the sudden shut down as when i reset the program settings to an earlier date it started working again.

I finally did get my MM area cleaned out and i have many many projects to cutt this summer. I cant wait to start.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read