MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Computing, Software & Programming > CNC motion control software
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 22 March 2009, 22:51
rocky2889
Just call me: Rocky

San Jose
United States of America
Gcode for spiral circles.

I don't know this is the right thread to ask for this. I am looking for Gcode to draw spiral circles like this prefer in size about 24 to 36 inches diameter.

Thanks

Rocky
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spiral.jpg (58.1 KB, 508 views)
Old Sun 22 March 2009, 23:12
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Don't know if your machine's firm/software (eg. Mach, EMC, etc.) can handle it, but you can use G14 or G15.

Example
Old Mon 23 March 2009, 02:53
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
In CorelDraw there is a tool that does it for you. I took it with 15 rings and exported it to DXF file. Changed it to .zip extention as the forum did not allow me to post a .dxf file. Just rename it back to spiral.dxf..otherwise let me know and I can PM it to you...just tell me how many circles you want.

spiral.zip
Old Mon 23 March 2009, 22:20
rocky2889
Just call me: Rocky

San Jose
United States of America
I will be using Mach3 for the controller software. I am hoping to get the machine test run early this week if everything as planned.

Thanks Gerald for the pointing the commend code and Kobus for making the file.
Old Mon 23 March 2009, 23:12
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Let's try again.

I know that my CorelDraw makes funnies with exporting .DXF files. The EPS version is 8Meg...bit big to post here, but here are the .AI and .svg files....again changed the extentions to get it on the forum.

spiralsvg.doc

spiral-ai.doc
Old Sun 24 May 2009, 21:07
ger21
Just call me: Ger

Detroit, MI
United States of America
Probably too late, but you can cut a spiral in Mach3 using G2 or G3. Here's a post from Art that explains it.

Gerry

Mach3 has a hidden feature that allows for
spirals that aren't to large.. A G2/G3 command does not really need to be fully an Arc, its allowed to stretch
about .5 inches in any domain, so a simple series of non arc G2/G3's is really a spiral..

for example, here is a spiral of a .5 stepout each line.. normally an illegal command,
but Mach3 will allow it up to 12.5mm's or .5 inches..

g0x.5y0

g2x1Y0I0J0
g2x1.5Y0I0J0
g2x2Y0I0J0
g2x2.5Y0I0J0
g2x3Y0I0J0
g2x3.5Y0I0J0
g2x4Y0I0J0
g2x4.5Y0I0J0
g2x5Y0I0J0

Thanks,
Art
Old Sun 10 October 2010, 18:43
abazendo
Just call me: danT

los angeles
United States of America
G-Code for spiral of different # of turns

Hi, Everyone

I am a newbee; I need to generate G code that I can use to cut several spirals, all 14" in diameter, however, with different number of circles. That is, one with seven concentrics, then with 6, another with 5, another with 4.

What I am actually doing is dispensing instead of cuttink. I have a dispensing valve where the cutting tool is supposed to be; I have an actuated valve that opens and starts dispensing in a spiral. dpending on the tickness and pressure used, I need to make the cnc move from outside to the center dispensing in a spiral (fast, less concentrics, slow more).

Thank you for your help.
Dan

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read