MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > The Market Place
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 30 November 2009, 07:31
bbreaker
Just call me: Mickey

Galgan
France
Send a message via MSN to bbreaker Send a message via Skype™ to bbreaker
HTS Rapid Tool Changer + 4 Er-16 Tool Holder + 5 Er-16 Collet

Brand New Industrial design is finally here! Now you can use any size ER16 collet. Original Taig Spindle Model 3/4-16 (not for the ER-16 Taig spindle). Max speed of 10,000RPM. Made from Stainless Steel is very durable and will last years. Comes with 3 holders. All of these tools work with previous versions for max interchangeability

Er-16 Tool Holder for the Rapid Changer. Comes with nut. Will hold any ER-16 collet and 1/2 inch tools with set screw.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...STRK:MESELX:IT
Old Mon 30 November 2009, 08:29
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
A 10 000 rpm limit on a small ER-16 collet seems too low.
Old Mon 30 November 2009, 10:55
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
I have seen this type of tool holder in person. Not from this source but they look identical. A friend had one. He liked it, but eventually sold it due to bit slippage. The rpm limitation was the same and turned out to be problematic as well. The problem is the spring tension is needed to hold the toolholder in place.
Old Mon 30 November 2009, 16:41
IN-WondeR
Just call me: Kim

Randers
Denmark
I also have a buddy who had bought this system.
He to skipped right passed it as they toolholders would loose grip when hitting 10.000+ RPM.
Old Mon 30 November 2009, 19:45
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
Guys…
I’m not in anyway involved with this ACT maker ( High Tech Systems), but feel I must take his count…all in the interest of fellow MM-ers.
Some new comers may be tempted to try this risky business, RISKY TO ADAPT YOUR HI SPEED CNC ROUTER WITH THIS ACT, design for loer speed milling !!
THIS ACT his actually design for metal work, design mainly for millings, much, much lower RPM than any hi-speed router !
If my internet awareness serves me right, some 4 yrs a guy on the CNCzone jump to a DIY CNC router and made a JOE 2000 MDF router, whom intention was for low speed routing ( ALU, METAL…so-on !!) and then youtube a video while cutting some MDF and …the rest is a sad history of other hi-speed router CNC DIY disappointment….and a RISK of serious injury !!
So to any MechMaters, IN MY OPINION and obvious from many other….THIS IS NOT DESIGN FOR OUR BEAST
A small milling….here, watch those video !

MY 2cents advice….Amicalement, Robert
Old Mon 30 November 2009, 21:44
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Those videos also make it very clear that the cutter is moved far away from the router/spindle bearing. That is not good.
Old Tue 01 December 2009, 00:14
bbreaker
Just call me: Mickey

Galgan
France
Send a message via MSN to bbreaker Send a message via Skype™ to bbreaker
HI again,
just to say it's just for those that interest, i've used it and don't have sleepage, the tool holder don't go out, but i'm going to buy a spindle with ATC, i think it's better for me, for the RPM i've got the new harder spring i think it's for that i don't have sleepage.

It's good for little job i think but for those making hard works all day's i think it's not good.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read