MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > After Building the Beast - Operating , Troubleshooting and Maintenance > The Show Room
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 08 February 2009, 01:31
Jayson
Just call me: Jayson #18

Horsham
Australia
Got some 32mm mdf for the base and 16mm for the spoil board . Got the base screwed down and even managed to cut out a little project. I think the results are good and I am happy with the over all performance of the MM.

Attachment 3628 Attachment 3629

I believe that I may need to upgrade to belt reduction as I am not totally happy with the finish. Don't get me wrong, the results I am obtaining with direct drive are more than acceptable for a wood working machine, I would however like a slightly better finish

Attachment 3630

These marks are fairly fine and could easily be removed with very little effort with some fine sandpaper and for a lot of projects these would not be of any great consequence.

The 3:1 belt drive might just be the solution. I will keep you all informed on how I get on.

Jayson.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg base board.jpg (48.5 KB, 2007 views)
File Type: jpg Bee.jpg (53.4 KB, 2019 views)
File Type: jpg cut quality.jpg (40.1 KB, 2013 views)
Old Sun 30 May 2010, 10:54
burtpara
Just call me: Burty

Port Louis
Mauritius
Great job,

did you make the design yourself.

can you share it please.

thanks
Old Tue 08 June 2010, 20:26
blakekoehn
Just call me: Blake #47

Macon, MS
United States of America
Me too, Me too!!! he shouts for a copy of the design!
Old Tue 08 June 2010, 22:59
Jayson
Just call me: Jayson #18

Horsham
Australia
Hi burtpara and blakekoehn,

sorry I missed these posts. Here is a copy of the file. I have converted it to dxf to upload here. If it doesn't work let me know.

Jayson
Attached Files
File Type: dxf bee 6mm.dxf (264.3 KB, 174 views)
Old Wed 09 June 2010, 08:14
blakekoehn
Just call me: Blake #47

Macon, MS
United States of America
Thanks Jayson, I have been collecting these kind of things from the various forums. I hope to build some of them but most of them never see the light of day because of my "time deficit"
Old Wed 09 June 2010, 23:15
liaoh75
Just call me: David

Taibao
Taiwan
Blake, looks like lots of us have this problem. Kids, Wife, Business, Job, etc., etc., etc.... (sometimes more than one). This can really take its toll on your "Mechmate Time". I really love making stuff on the Mechmate, but time is really an issue. My suggestion is to schedule a set time on the weekend and do the CAM stuff in your spare time through the week. It works for me. Good luck!!
Old Mon 26 July 2010, 13:10
MariusL
Just call me: Marius #22

Centurion
South Africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakekoehn View Post
Thanks Jayson, I have been collecting these kind of things from the various forums. I hope to build some of them but most of them never see the light of day because of my "time deficit"
Jason,
So have I for some time now. We must swap notes. I have made some almost life sized dino's. They are awesome.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read