MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts

Old Wed 28 November 2012, 06:48
bree
Just call me: marcus

balmoral
Australia
Just thinking at the moment...

Hi I'm in Brisbane and I am interested in building a cnc router. I'm not afraid of building stuff but I'm not that familiar with the electronics side of things. This site looks great and having read a number of threads my confidence is building momentum. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone in the Brisbane area that would be happy give me a demo of there machine so I can see what they are capable of. I would be looking to build a reliable production machine and not something to tinker with. Any offers?
I look forward to hearing from someone out there.
Old Wed 28 November 2012, 22:15
southernduckie
Just call me: Andrew (Duckie)

new south wales
Australia
Hello,

Man am i envious being in Brisvegas you have a few excellent machines around you a few that spring to mind are,
Surfcnc
AuSMaDDoG
and skippy
just look around in the Mechmates already cutting and PM them in sure they will show you there wonderful machines.
Old Wed 28 November 2012, 22:23
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Don't Think; Just DO IT
Old Thu 29 November 2012, 05:59
darren salyer
Just call me: Darren #101

Wentzville mo
United States of America
I'm thinking there are over 100 proven, documented machines running, plus probably dozens more we don't know about.
There are more Mechmate youtube videos than I've ever seen.
Take a look at my thread as an example.
I feared the electronics at the start.
Jump in man, there is a better support forum here than some of the name brand machines can boast about.
Its not a toy.

Darren
Old Thu 29 November 2012, 07:08
bree
Just call me: marcus

balmoral
Australia
Thanks

Hi Darren
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I checked out your thread, those lions heads are smart. At the moment I am still sussing out whats involved as I currently don't have the space or time to dedicate at the moment. I have checked out a few threads and the support forum seems excellent.
regards
Old Thu 29 November 2012, 14:24
darren salyer
Just call me: Darren #101

Wentzville mo
United States of America
You're welcome.

The lions heads were made on a cobbled together 18"x26" machine using black iron gas pipe for rails.
I only had a few dollars invested, and learned a lot.
Mostly that I wanted a Mechmate.
Old Sat 01 December 2012, 03:37
Surfcnc
Just call me: Ross #74

Queensland
Australia
Greetings Marcus

Read as much as you can from the site as it really is a gold mine of experience and information.
Buy the plans from Metalhead Mike (the site moderator) before you spend anything on parts, tools etc.
I have had a particular aspiring Aussie Mechmate builder suggest I was a fool for spending the $100 or so for the plans.
If you go down the path of actually building a Mechmate you will quickly establish that I am no fool and this is actually some of the best advice you will ever get.
The plans will allow you to access the tools required for the build, your own skill levels and allow you to develop your personal costings.

As long as you can make some firm arrangements and stick to them you are welcome to PM me with your phone number and I will give you a call.
By the way you won't have to travel far to see me !!

Regards
Ross

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts