MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 60. Wiring & Cable Management
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 12 June 2010, 09:57
shelbygt500buddy
Just call me: kyle

stuart fl
United States of America
How to figure A- and A+

I know how to figure out the pairing of wires. A and B. My question is does it matter which pair you designate and A or B and does it matter which one is the negative of the pair and which is the positive. Very confused.
Old Sat 12 June 2010, 10:03
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
If you are talking of motor coil wires, nothing matters, either way. The worst that can happen (50% chance) is that the motor turns the wrong direction. Then you swop one pair around (+ & -) and it comes right.
Old Sat 12 June 2010, 12:04
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
That happend today when I re-wired the new drives. Thought I had a faulty drive or a bad connection as the X-axis did not work at first. Found out I did not swop the one coil to reverse direction on the one x-axis stepper.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read