MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Common Assemblies & Parts > Profiled (laser cut) & bent steel plate
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 20 November 2007, 15:29
Prism
Just call me: Curt

Omaha, Ne
United States of America
Laser cut parts in Omaha, Ne

Does anybody in the midwest need laser cut parts? I am having the local guys cut parts for my Mamba version and wanted to know if anyone around the midwest wanted me to price having your cut out as well, we might be able to get a price break if I could get a few people going in on this. Right now they are very slow so they might shoot me a good price to keep the machine busy. I am running the Mamba version down there tomorrow to have them quote it out for me.

Thanks,

Curt
prismsigns@cox.net
402-660-7191
Old Sun 25 November 2007, 13:55
KevinL
Just call me: Kevin

Kansas
United States of America
I am in Wichita Kansas, and would be interested in getting the laser cut parts. Will you be getting a quote on the bending as well? Thanks.

Kevin
Old Tue 27 November 2007, 08:26
Prism

Omaha, Ne
United States of America
I will be getting a quote on cutting and bending and should be hearing word here soon on the cost.
I will keep you informed.

Curt
Old Tue 27 November 2007, 23:15
ratman
Just call me: ratman

Nebraska
United States of America
Curt,

Are you having Benson Machine cut the and bend the parts?

Ratman
Old Sat 01 December 2007, 13:04
Prism

Omaha, Ne
United States of America
Actually I have been working with Pre Wel in the past and they have a huge laser out there. I hope to be hearing back from them this week. They are slowing down out there and hopefully since they are slow why will give me a good price to keep the machine busy instead of sitting there doing nothing.
If the price is right I may have them weld up some of my stuff to make sure it is straight.
Ratman are you in Omaha as well?
Are you thinking about making a Mamba as well? if so maybe we can order parts together and cut down on shipping.
I am located in the Millard area, 13704 P st. right next to Jiffy Lube

later,

Curt
Old Sat 01 December 2007, 21:16
ratman
Just call me: ratman

Nebraska
United States of America
Not Omaha but the way Omaha keeps moving west I will be a resident in a few years, I have an acerage near Wahoo actually closer to Mead. I have not made up my mind just yet, I really like the design, very simple. The best thing of all, the plans are free! I really like the use of V bearings a lot closer to my budget. I've been pricing Linear bearings, even off of E-bay they are expensive.

I almost bought the plans for a Rockliff Machine until I found the Mamba, it made me rethink my plan. This is my first attempt to build anything like this and I thought I would have to scale my plans down due to the costs of the Linear bearings. I think I can swing a 4' x 8' cutting area table with this design.

I mentioned Benson because the company I work for is currently using them for a couple of special projects. I highly recomend them very good cuts, and very precise bends. Cost is dependant on how precise you need them to be. I know they are very busy, I thought about firing off the drawings to them to get a quote. Nebraska is a small place I thought if this was who you were working with I would hold off until you posted again. One of the draftsmen that works for us had worked for Benson that's how we got hooked up with them. I'm not sure if I have an in, but we are throwing more and more business there way so it surely can't hurt to see if I can get a deal. We could probably compare pricing to see what the best deal would be. I'm still working the costs out so I stay on budget regardless what I do either build the Mamba or a hybrid Mamba, I'm going to start on it this winter.

Stay low!

Ratman
Old Sat 29 December 2007, 11:31
kwang90020
Just call me: krod

California
United States of America
I would like to have the set cut also. I'm in California and would like to know how heavy or how much shipping will be.
Old Mon 07 January 2008, 11:33
WOODCHUCKMAN
Just call me: Mick

North Dakota
United States of America
I would also like a price on the laser cut parts and how much it would be to ship to Minot, North dakota.
Thanks,
Mick
Old Tue 08 January 2008, 07:54
GregA
Just call me: Greg

Dundee MI
United States of America
Me Too

GregA
Old Tue 08 January 2008, 14:34
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
lets see,
Counting.

Greg A
Kevin
Mick
Nils
Stefan
So, most likely a run of 10 sets for a great price break.
Okay, I'm on it.
Sean
Old Tue 08 January 2008, 15:54
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Glad you added my name.

Hope the baby gets here soon.
Old Wed 09 January 2008, 09:24
hflwaterski
Just call me: Herb #126

Genesee, WI
United States of America
I'm a maybe depending on the price. I have a nephew that wanted to run my parts on his CNC milling machine at his work but I don't know what kind of free time he has. If it's too expensive then I'll wait for him to do it but if the price is right, I'll have a talk with him and let him know that I'm having it done.

I'm in Wisconsin by the way.

Herb
Old Wed 09 January 2008, 19:52
Prism

Omaha, Ne
United States of America
I will have prices tomorrow for the lazering and bending. My guy was on vacation and had a family death but will have a prices for a bulk order for everyone.

Curt
Old Thu 10 January 2008, 09:41
GregA

Dundee MI
United States of America
Will this kit include the jig to grind the rails?
Old Thu 10 January 2008, 18:57
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
I am planning on including the grinding skate in every version I cut - regardless if you need it or not. The skate is a marvelous tool, and will repair damaged rail that is machined as well as manufacture the rail. I feel that every MM owner should have the skate to "dress" the rails if needed.
Shipping should be pretty cheap....about 40 dollars or so. Cheaper if you can wait 10 days or so and it can go super slow truck economy!
Sean
Old Thu 10 January 2008, 19:49
Charlie
Just call me: Charlie

UT
United States of America
Did you get the price yet? I might want to ship a set to Utah.
How are you handling the options in the drawings?
Sign me up.
Charlie.
Old Tue 15 January 2008, 07:53
GregA

Dundee MI
United States of America
smreish,

I don't know if it helps, but IMO you should add in a $100 convenience fee per kit for getting this done, because I am thinking... 20 bucks an hour * 5 hours... Wow that would be a pretty good deal, for everybody involved, because you are gonna do a lot of work to move around and ship 10 kits, and it might seem overwhelming if you were not getting a cut...

/end_altruism_mode
Old Tue 15 January 2008, 10:24
hflwaterski
Just call me: Herb #126

Genesee, WI
United States of America
Shipping

You might be able to have the laser company take care of the shipping for you. Nearly every company around has to send parts out of state and they may be able to take care of it more efficiently.

Just a suggestion.

Herb
Old Wed 16 January 2008, 06:00
myozman
Just call me: Mike #16

Demotte,IN
United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by smreish View Post
lets see,
Counting.

Greg A
Kevin
Mick
Nils
Stefan
So, most likely a run of 10 sets for a great price break.
Okay, I'm on it.
Sean
Please add me to the list, I'm in NW Indiana.

MIKE
Old Wed 16 January 2008, 09:48
kwang90020

California
United States of America
Please add me to the list also.
Thanks
Krod
Old Thu 17 January 2008, 19:07
Prism

Omaha, Ne
United States of America
Finally got the price in for Laser cutting and bending all of the parts with options.
My guy will do it for $560 each for 10 kits
This is out of Omaha and can check shipping to whatever location you will be needing it sent to.
Let me know if you want it done and I will be getting orders together if that price is OK?
prismsigns@cox.net is the fastest way to get a hold of me.

Thanks,

Curt
Old Wed 23 January 2008, 07:05
GregA

Dundee MI
United States of America
Curt,

Its been a couple of days, and I am getting to a point where I need to get my laser cut parts going. Any word?
Old Wed 23 January 2008, 15:31
kwang90020

California
United States of America
Curt,

Can you check the shipping to Los Angeles, 91748?

Krod
Old Wed 23 January 2008, 15:47
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
I think the price that Sean (Orlando) was going to get was less than $500 and I don't think shipping would be that much. The price he had from Tampa was less and he has found a place in Orlando that might be lower. If he doesn't respond. I will call him Thursday and see if he has heard any thing and pass it on to you.
Old Wed 23 January 2008, 17:34
revved_up
Just call me: Craig

Hartland, MI
United States of America
Sean told me that he would have an answer after he returns from maternity leave (end of this week or beginning of next)

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read