MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Miscellaneous hardware and software > Miscellaneous / General / Whatever / Catchall
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 28 May 2013, 05:18
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Spammers

We have had a rash of spammers the last week. If you see a spam post, just clcik the "report post" link and we will address it shortly.

I have banned a whole list of what I expect to be spammers and I hope this will stop them for the moment. I will be working to change up the registration process again to stop them for a while.
Old Tue 28 May 2013, 07:52
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Please do not reply to a spammer - only press the Report Post button (red/white triangle top right of post) if you really want to do something. Most times the moderators see the spam quite quickly, so you actually only need to report the spam if you think the moderators are asleep.

If you reply, your post must also be deleted and that is extra work for the moderators. Deleting a spammer and his posts is very quick....if you have replied, you could be caught up in the banning
Old Tue 28 May 2013, 09:51
darren salyer
Just call me: Darren #101

Wentzville mo
United States of America
I'm guilty of replying.
Thought I was helping. Sorry.
Old Tue 28 May 2013, 10:47
swatkins
Just call me: Steve

Houston
United States of America
Mike it is probably time to upgrade the forum software. spammers hitting you hard is just the first step of the attacks that will come and the VB 3.xxx series is full of holes that will allow them in.

The good news is there is now a great forum software that is easy to uses and safer. This forum will import easily and retain all current forums and permissions.

I have always wanted to " give something back" to this community and would be happy to help you convert it over and would even throw in some free hosting. to boot :-)
Just give me a shout.
Old Tue 28 May 2013, 16:26
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Gerald,

Thanks for the suggestion to stop replying. I do not want to create extra work.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read