MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Structure & Mechanics > 50. Toolheads
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 27 January 2013, 01:48
Surfcnc
Just call me: Ross #74

Queensland
Australia
Chinese 4Kw Air Cooled Spindle Dimension

Hi All

I am looking for the dimension (diameter) of the black ring on the air cooled 4 Kw Chinese spindle so I can make a dust foot.

Image00001.jpg

The body itself is 88mm square if that also helps to identify the correct model.

Thanks Ross
Old Sun 27 January 2013, 02:19
Quadro
Just call me: Anthony #77

South Australia
Australia
Ross,
I didn't know they made 4kw, I have a 3kw that measures 88mm across the square and it is 72mm on the black ring.

Anthony
Old Sun 27 January 2013, 03:03
Surfcnc

Queensland
Australia
Thanks Anthony, it probably is a 3 Kw one as it has a bit of age on it.
I went to ebay and they are now doing the 4 Kw version so assumed that was the power.

Cheers as that beats trying to guess or "Google" my way to an answer.

Regards
Ross
Old Sun 03 February 2013, 16:07
litemover
Just call me: Chris

Auckland
New Zealand
Is this a good spindle anyone know?
Old Sun 03 February 2013, 16:26
Surfcnc

Queensland
Australia
Hi Chris

The spindle seems to be just fine. The cooling fan makes more noise than the water cooled version but once cutting the difference is fairly minimal.
There are some differences in that the RPM is 18000 on the air cooled version and 24000 RPM on the water cooled version.

The air cooled version does draw some dust into the spindle body by virtue of its open design. The air flow is down draft so it will also tend to spread the dust from the work surface outwards unless contained by a vacuum system. The water cooled version requires a pump and some pipes to cool it, so each spindle type has it positives and negatives.

Regards
Ross
Old Thu 28 February 2013, 12:30
revo
Just call me: revo

bc
Canada
i bought the spindle with a hitachi inverter and i am happy.
the spindle is true and its pretty silent compare to a wood router. i bought mine on ebay, 3kw 18 000 rpm aircooled. i didnt buy the inverter from them, the chinese one are almost same price as a good hitachi.

i also bought a collet kit with 15 different size for 30$ from the same guy.
his name was solar jeans. good service and the spindle came without a female plug and he sent it to me very quickly.
Old Wed 05 February 2014, 17:05
technogod
Just call me: technogod

bakersfield
United States of America
Revo;
what model hitachi do you use with your spindle?i am soon going to purchase one(3kw) model and need to know tough.
thanks.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read