MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > The Market Place
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 04 May 2010, 18:52
riesvantwisk
Just call me: Ries #46

Quito
Ecuador
Send a message via MSN to riesvantwisk Send a message via Skype™ to riesvantwisk
Looking for a Spindle for Sale in the US..

Hey All,

in May I am heading for Dallas for a short period of time and I would have a possibility to buy one of the cheap Chinese spindles.

I now that sumbum had one for sale and I was in contact with him about it, but unfortunately he is out of reach at the moment so I am not sure if he still has it or not.

How long would it generally take to import one of these spindles from China? I have a friend that is willing to receive it for me and I am meeting him in Dallas. on the 22th of May.

Or better, does anybody have one of these spindles + VFD for sale?

Ries
Old Wed 05 May 2010, 02:38
Hillbillie
Just call me: Larry

Paragould, AR
United States of America
I have ordered several things from China and shipping time varies. For me it has taken anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks on average.
Old Wed 05 May 2010, 10:23
cleyte
Just call me: Clayton #106

Bishop's Falls, Newfoundland
Canada
Hi Ries,

I ordered the chinese 2.2kw spindle and VFD advertised on ebay.If I remember correctly the seller was "LoveHappyShopping" and it was shipped from China. It tool approx 4 weeks to arrive in Newfoundland, Canada (via Vancouver and then across the continent) and I was able to track it as it made its journey. No problems regarding money or product.

Clayton
Old Wed 05 May 2010, 15:09
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Hey Clayton,
Did they ding you anything for the duty on that? Sounds like you will have a really nice motor for you machine.
Old Wed 05 May 2010, 15:35
cleyte

Canada
Hi Heath,

No duty or other charges on the Chinese router. The seller is very accomodating this way.

However, I have received several items from the US and my pocket has taken a major hit. My order from Standard Steel, PMD and FactoryMation were each tagged with more than $100 charges - brokerage fees, duty, taxes, etc. So much for free trade.

The "extra and unexpected" charges really add up and the MM bottom line is steadily increasing. New builders should take this into account. I am discovering that shipping methods have their advantages and disadvantages. The cheapest one advertised is sometimes the more expensive one when the product arrives at the door.

Clayton
Old Thu 06 May 2010, 12:29
kooskoek
Just call me: Dave

Centurion
South Africa
Help me make up my mind please,,SPINDLE??????????

HI there

I also came across this guy in the states, I believe he is from

1400 Bison Lane
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192

http://www.kelinginc.net/CNCSpindleandController.html

Prices looks very reasonable.

I am trying to make up my mind as to witch spindle to buy. The one from the above supplier priced at:

KL-2200 Milling Spindle $849 Special sale: $599 Specification
OD=80 MM
Voltage: 220V
Speed: 8000-24000 R/min
Power: 2200 W (3HP), Frequency: 400 Hz
Water Cooling, ER20 collet chuck
Grease Lubrication, NSK Bearing,
Water cooling about 20-26 gal/hr

with separate

KL-VFD22 Specifications: $199.95
LED Display
Input: 220V 50/60Hz, Single Phase
Output: 0-240V 2.2Kw 11A
Frequency Range: 0.1-400Hz
0-10V Analog interface capability
Variable speed potentiometer
1 year limited warranty

Or the one from china

Retail price for this set is 1699$. Now you only need to pay FRACTION OF the
retail price (US$699 for 3KW spindle + inverter))because of Factory direct
sale and you will also have the fully guarantee for 12 months directly from
manufactory
Now we provide 60% discount of shipping fee and only charge 40% of official
shipping fee. You can calculate official shipping fee from official web site:
http://www.ems.com.cn/serviceguide/e...biao-zhun.html. All items
delivery to your hand within 3-5 working days through Express Email Service
You don't need to pay import duty on your items if you buy from us.
All prices include Your Country VAT, state tax or any other tax. (e.g UK VAT
@ 17.50%)
Old Thu 06 May 2010, 14:24
cleyte

Canada
Hi Dave,

At first glance, it appears that the two products are identical. I followed the link to Killinginc and the spindle and VFD pictured there seem to be the same as mine from China. I think you simply have to decide on supplier (not product) - North America or China.

Clayton
Old Thu 06 May 2010, 14:53
kooskoek

Centurion
South Africa
Hi Clayton

Did you also op for the 3 KW spindle, how is yours keeping up to the task at hand, any extra info welcome.

r

dave
Old Thu 06 May 2010, 15:03
cleyte

Canada
Hi Dave,

I opted for the 2.2 Kw and matching VFD. It is still sitting in the original box that it arrived in. I am gathering all of the parts for a fast build this summer.

Clayton
Old Thu 06 May 2010, 15:07
riesvantwisk

Quito
Ecuador
Send a message via MSN to riesvantwisk Send a message via Skype™ to riesvantwisk
Hey all,

I think I need to pass this opportunity... May 22 I will be in Dallas and this sounds to short time to buy the Spindle from China...
With a little luck sumbum will come alive again I also asked Mike if he knew anything but no response...

We will see... who know somebody else changes there minds, or want's to sell such a 2K2 + VFD

Ries
Old Thu 06 May 2010, 15:25
kooskoek

Centurion
South Africa
Good luck with your build, great to know that there is a wealth of information on this site and there is a abundance of willing people to give advise.. The mechmate GURU yes the man himself must be very proud for bringing all these people together from all over the world. I stand amazed as to what this thing we call the internet actualy does in life. Some people use it for the wrong, and some for good. This forum is not good it's great.
Old Thu 06 May 2010, 22:01
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Ries, last week I purchased a 2.2kw er20 spindle ($460) + VFD ($260) from www.kinkda.com.cn with EMS shipping ($290) to Argentina total $1010 (not mechmate related build)
The spindle has 3 german FAG bearings, with NSK was a bit cheaper and even cheaper with chinese bearings. Should be here in a couple of weeks.

I crossed some emails with John at Keling, wasn't quite convinced about their knowledge about the stuff they sell.
Old Fri 07 May 2010, 06:36
riesvantwisk

Quito
Ecuador
Hey Pablo,

I wonder how imports are in Peru.

Here in Ecuador anything above 4Kilo's goes through a system of people, offices, taxes, people, offices, bookshelf yada yada yada.

For example the racks + pinions I ordered arrived in Guayaquil just after 6 days after payment and set there for more then 3 weeks in a office accumulating fines because 'I' did something wrong some code had to be precise or else I needed to pay taxes over god know what (I had to do anyways). I had to pay over 50% taxes + 50USD fine because DHL didn't help me getting the package through. The good thing still, it was still cheaper ordering the racks them making them here in Ecuador!!

I don't mind paying taxes at all, but Ecuador is really trying to prevent importing any sort of technology (unless you know a 'guy' that can help you), unfortunately..

I have a DeWalt router now that works good enough and I will use a other opportunity when I go to the US or holland to be a SPindle + VFD.

Ries
Old Fri 07 May 2010, 16:49
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
I don't know Peru, but here in Argentina it always helps knowing some guy

I avoid DHL like the plague, they try to put your package out of the courier system using the smallest error in the shipping process thus allowing them to charge full price as a customs agent, I abandoned 2 around $100 packages with them because they wanted for their services alone excluding taxes more than $200... I really hate DHL...

Import duties here worst case is 50% of paid+shipping value.
Old Sat 08 May 2010, 06:47
riesvantwisk

Quito
Ecuador
Pablo,

I thought you where in Peru... For some reason I associated PEU with that, sorry about the confusion! Anyways, DHL is indeed a b*tch in latin america apparently.
I am nowdays they to get the package weight below 4Kg then it seems to be free for some odd reason.
Old Thu 21 November 2019, 06:30
masroor6350
Just call me: Anwar

Gujranwala( Punjob )
Pakistan
Hi, I am looking for a good spindle for my router ( under construction),if of you experienced member can guide for good chines spindle 440 volts, water cooled with ceramic bearings. Please guide me with your personal experience, and want to buy direct from China for less postage, I am located in Pakistan. Thanks for help.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read