MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > General - MM Build
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 10 February 2010, 20:11
djharris
Just call me: Dave

Guelph, ON
Canada
Motiontek, Canada

Has anyone purchased from Motiontek in Canada? (www.motiontek.ca) They offer both servo and stepper motor kits, which is better value?

Dave
Old Wed 10 February 2010, 21:17
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Dave the Mechmate uses stepper motors. I do not think anyone has adapted servo motors to the MM chassis. You can also order Oriental Motor steppers through TRI-R Power Products supplies Oriental Motor worldwide from Canada
Old Thu 11 February 2010, 06:40
riesvantwisk
Just call me: Ries #46

Quito
Ecuador
Send a message via MSN to riesvantwisk Send a message via Skype™ to riesvantwisk
Dave,

Maris from geckdrive gave some solid advice on servo vs stepper, the short answer is that for our application and size of machine we should use steppers.
I didn't buy from motiontec.ca though, but I am sure if you buy steppers within the needed spec for the MM you will be fine. if you are not up to the electronics and finding it out, I would advice to use a proved combination of PMDX, Gecko and oriental/motionking steppers.

Ries

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read