MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 701. Motor Drives
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 26 February 2015, 08:14
userandrew
Just call me: andrew

georgia
United States of America
massmind diy stepper drivers

Anyone out there using the 4A stepper drivers based on the THB6064 chip on their mechmate? James Newton of Massmind sells the kit on his site. Any opinon on them. I am about to start working on the electonics part of a mechmate build and I was wondering if anyone is using these. This will be a slow build limited by time and money and I thought this might allow me to whet my appetite cheaply.
Old Thu 26 February 2015, 10:49
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Hi Andrew , I am using them on my lathe up to now no problems.Straight from China.
Old Thu 26 February 2015, 11:02
userandrew

georgia
United States of America
Thanks for the quick reply hennie
Old Thu 26 February 2015, 15:49
danilom
Just call me: Danilo #64

Novi Sad
Serbia
I would really avoid these integrated solutions as there are really cheap alternatives that require no assembly and work really well and cost the same.
Look for 2M542 on ebay or aliexpress its a 50V 4.2Amp drive.
Old Fri 27 February 2015, 09:50
userandrew

georgia
United States of America
Thank you Danilom. what kind of bob are you using with that driver?
I've heard of some quirky issues with some of the chinese drivers so I was hesitant to buy any that would require extensive troubleshooting but it seems like you had no issues with yours.
Old Fri 27 February 2015, 12:23
danilom
Just call me: Danilo #64

Novi Sad
Serbia
Simple 5 axis bob for 15-20$ (this) , you are isolated on the drives side and on inputs relays 24Vdc that's it ... installed dozen of systems with these components

Only quirky drives are those toshiba 3-4 axis boards and all those integrated ic's. Never seen a mosfet bipolar drive misbehave. And everything that can blow on them is a fuse (when reverse voltage... happens) and you blow up a mosfet with miswiring or it touches the ground (IRL540)
Old Fri 27 February 2015, 17:52
userandrew

georgia
United States of America
Again thanks... I will give this arrangement a try. I'll start the ordering with a bob, a stepper and a motor to test.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read