MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Miscellaneous hardware and software > Human Interface Devices (HID's)
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 13 October 2008, 19:01
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Speaking of wheels, I purchased a 4 axis pendant at CNC4PC ($180) and I use it with my CNC mill. I made an adaptor cable myself, but if you want you can buy the adapter there too.
I even modified it, drilled a hole and put a female plug connector in it so I can use a touch plate for zeroing purposes, there was a couple of unconnected wires in the pendant cable, so I used one of them

Once you have a pendant and a zeroing jig, you wonder why it took so long to take the buying decision

Pablo
Old Mon 13 October 2008, 19:39
DMS
Just call me: Sharma #9 India

Rajasthan
India
That's it I could not spell it, the wheel function or jog dial, the problem I faced is that when I move any axis I overshoot the point or short of point. Although it is working great.
Gerald,
If we hack off horns how we gonna hold this bull. That horn also have motor in it for rumbling effect.
Old Tue 14 October 2008, 05:54
skypoke
Just call me: Chuck

Port Aransas
United States of America
Okay I'll hack the horns....and give em to the shuttle pro guys to glue on so they can pick it up from a flat surface! Seriously though, if you need to position that close such as resuming a cut after losing position, the shuttle is probably the way to go.

It is, however, possible to program a button to change your jog speed on the gamepad. You can then position to the gnat's patookas.

Chuck
Old Tue 14 October 2008, 06:54
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Shuttle pro can be d-sided taped to a larger alu plate with flared up wings for grip......and the nose of that plate can protrude a bit to be the z-zero. There you have it.....possibly the first mention of an integrated z-zero/pendant device?
Old Tue 14 October 2008, 07:14
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
There you have it.....possibly the first mention of an integrated z-zero/pendant device?
Hey! read three post above and I mentioned and I also did it, mine has a detachable cable/zeroplate but serves the same purpose!

I even modified the default screen set to suit my needs:

With the rightmost panel, you can set the tool X/Y using a metallic tube attached to a transparent centering cross, like this one:

And then you can use its height to set the Z

It's based on this CNCZone thread
Old Tue 14 October 2008, 09:47
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Pablo, you said you have a connector on the pendant for the touchplate - that is two devices connected to each other by a cable. I am suggesting that the pendant is the touchplate - one device, no interconnectiong cable. Lay the pendant down, touch the tool down on a special part of the pendant.

Anyway, very nice work on your screen - you will have to help us do a proper router screen one day. Eg. we don't "flood" coolant, but we do have dust extraction and vacuum hold-down sometimes.
Old Tue 14 October 2008, 10:35
DMS
Just call me: Sharma #9 India

Rajasthan
India
Pablo,

I was thinking of setting up custom mach screeen with help of screen designer for z zero routine, I read in mach and cnczone forum people are doing same. Instead of calling blue screen it is better to involve this on main screen or add a new page for this purpose.

Could you upload your customized 1024.set ?

I am still to decide whether I require single touch plate or tube as yours.
Old Tue 14 October 2008, 12:25
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
Anyway, very nice work on your screen - you will have to help us do a proper router screen one day. Eg. we don't "flood" coolant, but we do have dust extraction and vacuum hold-down sometimes.
I can start when you need, just tell me what isn't needed on the screen Im attaching and what needs to be added, for example coolant just activates a relay, so its just a matter of changing the button text to do something else such as enable the vacuum or dust extraction.

Attached are the required files, to use it copy the screen set in mach directory, and the bitmaps in Mach3\Bitmaps\MillBitmaps

I think its better to start a new thread, but I leave this decision to you Gerald.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mach3Screen-PEU.zip (60.3 KB, 60 views)
Old Thu 18 June 2009, 04:35
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
I have been having some problems with my Shuttle Pro 2. The buttons when pushed do not register. So if I have been in X axis and pushed the button for Y or Z and then move using the button or wheel, I am still in X. I have noticed that it has been getting progressively worse.

Yesterday, I contacted Contour Design, the manufacturer, and because it is not a year old they are going to replace the unit at no cost under warranty. They must think it is mechanical also.
Old Thu 18 June 2009, 05:04
WFY
Just call me: Buzz #60

Pembroke, Ontario
Canada
Hi Nils,
I am not sure where I found this link awhile back. This is what I will be incorporating on my machine.

http://www.seabreezeparachutes.com/s...ntproject.html
Old Thu 18 June 2009, 07:40
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Buzz,

Thanks for the link. There is a thread that includes that. Right now I am happy with the current configuration. I will wait and see if I have problems with the new one they send me.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read