MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Common Assemblies & Parts > Motors & their mountings
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 19 July 2010, 06:47
tangocharlie123
Just call me: Pete

Gatton Brisbane
Australia
Starting point for motors.

Would these be good as a starting point

http://ausxmods.com.au/stepper-motor...-stepper-motor (MetalHead fixed the Link)

these seem to be the same as the kellinc motors with the same model no.

This gent also has Gekos at a reasonable price
I was thinking of a G540 as a starting point then move upto the 203v's at a later date.. or maybe the leadshines

A lot of reading today but a lot of info found out.

Cheers
Peter
Old Mon 19 July 2010, 07:08
bradm
Just call me: Brad #10

Somerville(MA)
United States of America
Your link didn't work, but assuming you meant the 640 Oz/In Nema 34, 34H280-45-8A on that site, then yes, it's in the right kind of range. Note that it is not a perfect match for the G540, so think it through carefully.
Old Mon 19 July 2010, 14:12
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
I will say this. Do what you want the first time around. EVERYONE will almost NEVER go back in and make changes to the machine once it is up and running.

Unless you are upgrading to belt from direct or making more movement in the Z drive etc.

Going back and undoing something that works will be hard to justify once the machine is up and running.

Just my thoughts and this is not just to the MechMate, but life as a whole. Do what you want the first time around. It may take a little longer, but you'll be happier in the long run.
Old Mon 19 July 2010, 19:06
bradm
Just call me: Brad #10

Somerville(MA)
United States of America
<sniff> I smell wisdom floating around. Good point, Mike.
Old Mon 19 July 2010, 22:42
tangocharlie123
Just call me: Pete

Gatton Brisbane
Australia
Thanks

Thanks Mike and Brad

Wisdom taken.

my thought would be

"Do it now and ask for forgivness Later"

Cheers Peter

ps Mike how do you edit a post as I was going to fix the link at 2-30am my time.
(editing old posts is the art of the master .... ie I have rights to do it others don't)
Old Mon 19 July 2010, 22:53
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
I agree 110% with Mike. I put my machine together and ran it for 2 years AS-BUILT....only changed the drivers to UI ROBOT types....just because I wanted to do it. Have thought about gearing it, but never got around to do it. I am even putting off replacing the spoilboard....it looks bad, but what the heck, it still works.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read