MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Construction started, but not cutting yet
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 07 September 2010, 13:49
qroger
Just call me: Roger

Matthews (North Carolina)
United States of America
On my last tour through the scrap yard I saw some aluminum grate. Holes were about 1cm x 3cm with intervening web approximately 6mm. I wondered if that was thermally connected to outside of case if it would keep inside of case down to ambient?
Old Tue 07 September 2010, 14:32
riesvantwisk
Just call me: Ries #46

Quito
Ecuador
Send a message via MSN to riesvantwisk Send a message via Skype™ to riesvantwisk
Pablo,

I use a fan, my Gecko's do get a bit warm (more then hand warm) under some circumstances. I am not sure what altitude you are (I am at 2400 meters) there is somewhat less air so they tend to get a bit warmer, and since I am in Ecuador a average tempreature sometimes in the workshop of 22-26 doesn't always help well.
To be honest, better save then sorry and specially in the beginning there are other things to really worry about then heat of the Gecko's, so I added the fan on the gecko's, my 110V fan did cost me 6USD I believe.

Ken a heatpipe is usually used to transfer heat of much higher temperature, for power amplifiers for example. They are liquide filled pipes with metal wires to make optimum contact to surface area. heat is transferred because the liquid inside starts to evaporate and condensate other other place and thus transfer heat. They are not simple pipes!!
Old Tue 07 September 2010, 23:05
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Ries,
I recon the wiki isn't complete. To my interpretation, heat pipe/thermosyphon can be just simple pipes/rods, any media dedicate to facilitate heat transfer from one point to another is considered as heat pipe. having fluid doing the job is one way & a solid or hollow metal of high thermal conductivity is another, even gas are used (air-conditioner).
With liquid & gas media, the medium "carry" the heat; with solid, heat conducts from higher temp to lower temp.
our coolant pipe is a heat pipe & for computer cooling, the solid copper rod connecting to an external radiator acts as heat pipe too.
Eventually, heat are dumped into the atmosphere air via convection+conduction. with a fan blowing, we can use smaller surface are then natural convection required. Spraying the heat sink black will help in the radiation department (like car radiator).
Old Wed 08 September 2010, 09:59
Richards
Just call me: Mike

South Jordan, UT
United States of America
Pablo,

I don't use a fan, but the normal temperature of my test bench work area is 75F. The G203v is rated to 70C, but should be kept to 50C for best life expectancy.

As others have said, a thinner piece of aluminum (1/4") with a fan will remove heat faster than a thick piece of aluminum with or without a fan.

If the baseplate of the G203v gets to 50C, it's time to rethink the heatsink. The same can be said for the transformer and other electrical devices. The toroidal transformer that I use rarely gets more than ten degrees warmer than ambient, but a standard transformer, rated exactly the same, is too hot to touch under the same load. Because of that, I don't use standard transformers. That's another reason that I tend to underrate the power supply voltage from the formula (32 X SQRT(Inductance)) by about 15% to 25%. I prefer the stepper motors to only get moderately warm, not hot.

The nice thing about building your own controller is that you can easily modify anything that needs modification. If you were building controllers for resale, you would want to find the "perfect" heatsink for your application, but as the designer of a single unit, you can change the heatsink anytime that you desire with minimal cost.
Old Fri 15 October 2010, 06:56
karlmc15
Just call me: karlmc15

karlmc15
Vietnam
please upload oringer file in Solidworks because i couldnt edit EAMS files , thanks
Old Fri 15 October 2010, 07:25
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
What file are you referring to?
Old Sat 16 October 2010, 14:12
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
check this post Karl: http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showt...0&postcount=29
Old Tue 07 December 2010, 11:12
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Here is a "non" update, antiupdate you may call it

My progress with the new shop is ZERO, after almost a year of purchasing the lot, and many promises that the permits would be ready, they are not ready, so I don't even moved a brick from the lot, sad as it sounds the only progress was the removal of the phone box in the middle of the lot...

The person who was doing the permit with the city no longer answers my calls, Im frustrated to say the less, not only with him but with the city too, they put so many obstacles its insane, opening a new shop in the Federal District is becoming more difficult day by day...

Anyway, Im still around, Im still interested in making my MM, but I still dont know WHEN, in the meantime I keep learning, and thats positive!

Pablo
Old Tue 07 December 2010, 14:13
Johannescnc
Just call me: John

Hannover, DE
Germany
In the US I called it "Red tape". The Govt has an endless supply of it. Seems they have nothing better to do than hinder progress. But don't pay them for this or that, and they will be right there to let you know...
Old Wed 08 December 2010, 18:12
qroger
Just call me: Roger

Matthews (North Carolina)
United States of America
Perhaps you need an expert to guide you through the jungle. In some countries I guess this amounts to a bribe. In the U.S. at the last resort you hire a lawyer which feels like blackmail. It is a specialized skill set though, so biblically, Matthew 10:10 says "A workman is worthy of his hire". So long as they don't bleed you dry, you at least get your shop.
Good luck!
Old Wed 08 December 2010, 20:33
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
The "expert" does not return my calls, this guy is not worth a dime so now I only talk to the architect who referred him to me, anyway one way or another I will have a new place... the big question is when
Old Wed 08 December 2010, 22:10
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Looks like official the world around love to make their present felt by wholesaling red tapes... No exception in my place too...
Old Thu 09 December 2010, 01:57
Jan de Ruyter
Just call me: Jan

Pretoria
South Africa
A few quotes:

A bureaucrat is someone who can invent more problems he can actually solve himself.

The interpretation of the rules and procedures should normally be linked to some level of intelligence.
Old Tue 08 February 2011, 17:26
exflaco
Just call me: exflaco

Santa Fe
Argentina
Novato pero no tanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEU View Post
But you do use a fan or not Mike?
Me gustaria contactarme ,ya construi 2 maquinas cnc pero pequeñas una la joe 2006 tal vez la viste por la web,me gustaria saber si las partes cortadas laser y el plegado son de aqui de Argentina ,exelente el trabajo de solid un abrazo y desde ya gracias
Old Tue 08 February 2011, 18:48
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Si, son cortadas aca, estoy de vacaciones ahora, mandame otro mensaje mas cerca de fin de mes. Saludos
Old Sat 26 February 2011, 06:26
exflaco

Santa Fe
Argentina
Pablo te molesto de nuevo, me podrias dar una mano con esta exelente maquina.Si te sirve tengo bastante experiencia en electronica ,tal vez te sirve,gracias
Old Sun 27 February 2011, 07:11
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Hola, te aclaro que yo aun no tengo la maquina armada, que es lo que necesitas?

Las partes me las cortaron aca en el gran buenos aires, pero seguro por alla tambien debe haber quien las corte. Motores podes comprar en www.lineartec.com.ar o www.varitel.com.ar, o si queres los motionking que muchos usan en este foro tenes un proveedor tambien. Drivers y placa interfase yo los traje de USA, los compre en www.pmdx.com y las poleas para la reduccion tambien, pero si buscas aca seguro encontras, pinon y cremallera conseguis en www.newrank.com.ar y las ruedas en V a mi me las hacen en un torno CNC como favor asi que no tuve que preocuparme por eso.
En cuanto al hierro estructural, pedi varias cotizaciones porque la variacion de precios es importante.

Luego es ponerle el hombro e ir armando todo de a poco, yo hasta no tener lugar no puedo hacer nada, ya tengo absolutamente todo lo necesario para armar la maquina, solo me falta espacio.

Saludos
Old Sun 27 February 2011, 07:47
exflaco

Santa Fe
Argentina
Te agradezco muchisimo la ayuda,ya tengo los motores drivers,y aqui cortan por chorro de agua ,y comenzaria por el accesorio para amoladora y los doble rulemanes en v,si me puedes enviar el archivo de corte por torno cnc de los rulemanes,los podria fabricar en la universidad o de un amigo que tiene torno cnc. Me parece que eso es lo primero piñon y cremalleras aqui tb hay ,se me ocurria ponerle o correa dentada o cadena y piñon,pues son mas silenciosos y router tengo maquita de los grandes,ya construi 2 maquinas y estan funcionando las dos una la construi con mi primer maquina y fue todo mas censillo,esta me parece una de las mejores que pude ver en internet.
Old Mon 28 February 2011, 16:04
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
no tengo el codigo de las ruedas, yo les di los planos y ellos se ocupan del resto, cualquier persona que sepa manejar un torno cnc te lo hace en 5 minutos al codigo
Old Wed 16 March 2011, 13:20
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Because my new place permits never materialized I will have to delay my build, this time I don't know for how long, so I'm selling some parts, maybe someone else here in Argentina can use them to build faster. This does not mean I'm leaving, I'll keep learning here, the time will come!

Now in spanish:

Tengo estas partes para vender, las mismas estan a lo que me costaron, incluso las que compre en USA estan a costo de USA:

Reducciones Castone, partes laser (4 pares) $370
Bujes roscados 1/4" para las reducciones (16x) $100
Rulemanes para reduccion (8x): $150
Poleas y correas (SDP/SI de USA) (4 kits) $540 (Drive Pulley: A 6A 3-15DF03716 / Driven Pulley: A 6A 3-45NF03716 / Belt: A 6R 3-054037 )
Motores MotionKing 9802 (c/u) $492
Kit Laser MechMate completo $1500 (ver fotos en posts anteriores)

Los precios estan en pesos (divide by 4 for USD) y puedo hacer factura A si les sirve, hay que adicionar el IVA (21%) en ese caso.

Puedo enviar a todo el pais por expreso previo deposito bancario

Me pueden contactar a:

Gracias!

Pablo
Old Thu 17 March 2011, 14:43
zumergido
Just call me: Fernando

BS AS
Argentina
pablo lamento tu venta. esto es un gran paso hacia atras. las partes laser estan completas con el skate?
Old Thu 17 March 2011, 18:36
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Nada que lamentar, se hace lo que se puede y hay veces, como esta, en que la solucion no depende de uno sino de algun burocrata... Probablemente me termine haciendo un router un poco mas pequeño para el lugar actual que tengo y mas adelante encarare el mechmate cuando disponga de lugar.

Si, todo el kit completo, fijate hay fotos en mensajes de hace unos meses atras.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read