MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > After Building the Beast - Operating , Troubleshooting and Maintenance > The Show Room
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 09 August 2009, 04:31
Jayson
Just call me: Jayson #18

Horsham
Australia
Been doing some more signs. this time a little of redgum routing.

The first was the Pups bar sign, the letters are 120 mm high complete sign is 1200mm x 190mm.

Attachment 5647

The disabled toilets sign was a few days later. The letters are 40mm high and complete sign is 330mm x 82mm.

Attachment 5646

I was impressed by the overall results. Will do more red gum in the future.

Attachment 5648

Gerald once a build is complete would you rather these type of posts be placed directly into the Showroom thread to save you having to copy them there and also save a little room?

Thanks,

Jayson
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Disabled Toilets.jpg (32.4 KB, 741 views)
File Type: jpg Pups Bar.jpg (28.5 KB, 741 views)
File Type: jpg Wheelchair.jpg (65.9 KB, 743 views)
Old Sun 09 August 2009, 07:52
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Jayson, the choice is yours on where to place the posts. It is a bit less work if you place them direct to the Showroom, but if you want to have a collection of work in your own thread then you need to place them here.
Old Sun 09 August 2009, 08:30
MattyZee
Just call me: Matt

Adelaide
Australia
You seem to have a couple of friends with bars, i hope they shout you a few drinks after you make them signs like that. they look great.
Iit might be nice if you could give a brief description of cutter type(s), feedrate, depth per pass, total time cutting etc. (if you don't mind sharing those details)
Old Sun 09 August 2009, 22:46
Besser
Just call me: Besser

Vic
Australia
Jayson, I love the redgum! it's such a dense wood and the finish you achieved is really clean considering the transitions you made across the grain. (Maybe some gold inlay would make it POP!

Your getting into the signs, are there any tips for the group?

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read