MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > The Market Place
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 30 November 2009, 07:02
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
Any interests in interfacing PCB's ?

Hi All,

I have based on my general PCB designs worked out PCB designs which use 24V DC to powerup all proximities, switches etc, via relay and also 817 opto isolators, I am making a few PCB's for my own use - was wanting to know if anyone else was interested, as the relay's and connectors are locally obtained and may have a foot print issues the boards might have to be provided completely assembled.

there are 3 boards totally.

1. Power supply board - which splits the incoming DC into 4 channels via fuses.
2. Interface board - to be mounted in the cabinet - this one has all the relay and optoisolators to be connected to the bob, the relays and optoisolators will convert the 24v signals to the on - off ones required by the BoB's,
this board also has a relay which can be used to switch on and off the water coolant pump / fan for the spindle separately in case of water cooled and air cooled spindles respectively. it has in and out connects for 5v dc supply, and also 24V for more 24dc fans.
3. Proximity and other signal board - mounted on the machine, it will have space for all the relays which are switched on/off by the proximities or otherwise, it will also have connectors for all the start stop switches / auto z zero etc.

note that the credit of the design goes to the forum directly - and my feeling is that there is a lot of scope for improvement , and these are not a necessity but just convenience.

there is no price fixed,(it will be bare minimum for Mechmater's) but I would like to know if any one is interested so that I can order more PCB's

RGDS
IRfan
Old Mon 30 November 2009, 09:55
riesvantwisk
Just call me: Ries #46

Quito
Ecuador
Send a message via MSN to riesvantwisk Send a message via Skype™ to riesvantwisk
IRfan,

I think it's great that some components can be made like this..

I am thinking out loud here... would it be possible to publish the boards design under a creative commons license?

Since I am not a Mechmate owner yet (a fully working version that is...) is it possible that the Mechmate can drill(engrave this??) or is the Mechmate not accurate enough yet?

the reason for asking is that my power supply is not final yet, and would like to have a PCB created for it. However doing that here locally is a bit challenging
if I could create my own powersupply PCB using the Mechmate, then I can replace my current one for a better looking version.

Ries
Old Mon 30 November 2009, 10:06
javeria

Bangalore
India
I don't want to publish them, the only fair reason is that I spent some amount of money to get them together, however i can give you the schematic of the power supply if you PM me your email id - I think its simple and you have already done that.

why don't you try eagle pcb maker to get one made, and there's a plugin to get a g code generated.

more over you probably cannot source out the exact parts as I have designed the PCB's for.

RGDS
Irfan
Old Mon 30 November 2009, 10:17
riesvantwisk

Quito
Ecuador
Send a message via MSN to riesvantwisk Send a message via Skype™ to riesvantwisk
Irfan,

currently that won't be needed.
I was just thinking in a broader way for other people that might need a PCB.

You are right that that it depends a bit on what you can get locally..

Ries
Old Sun 13 December 2009, 22:59
javeria

Bangalore
India
PCB's have arrived

here are some pic's of the PCB's, any one interested can still PM me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100.jpg (142.2 KB, 360 views)
File Type: jpg 101.jpg (95.9 KB, 358 views)
Old Sat 19 December 2009, 15:12
ranchak
Just call me: ranchak

Cathedral City, CA
United States of America
I'm looking at building a MM and I would be interested in a set of your boards. Do you have a build list of components? Thanks, Ron
Old Sat 19 December 2009, 18:58
javeria

Bangalore
India
I can probably send them to you assembled and tested.
Old Sat 19 December 2009, 22:49
ranchak

Cathedral City, CA
United States of America
I don't mind building them, I just want to make sure that I can get the ICs here.
Old Sun 20 December 2009, 21:37
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
You should have no problem getting the parts in the US.
Old Sun 20 December 2009, 23:32
ranchak

Cathedral City, CA
United States of America
How much for a set?
Old Mon 21 December 2009, 10:59
javeria

Bangalore
India
Hi Ranchak - I will put in the relays and connectors just to be sure you get the right ones the only IC on this is the opto PC817 which are easily available and are very cheap,

I will PM you the price very soon.
Old Wed 23 December 2009, 23:31
javeria

Bangalore
India
HI All, the whole assembled and tested kit for Mechmater's would be for USD 57, this would be accompanied by a data sheet on the connections.

postage would be extra. EMS with tracking only.
also there will be no singles given out and there will be no replacements as we are offering them at very low value.

A postage value of 30 USD should be deposited for which any difference in postage will be refunded
- all payments via paypal only.
Old Thu 24 December 2009, 01:01
javeria

Bangalore
India
Unassembled kits are also same value - I am going out to get the new parts - the above price may change + or - if the prices on the parts have changed
Old Thu 24 December 2009, 05:29
riesvantwisk

Quito
Ecuador
Irfan,

they are fine looking boards... great job, price is very friendly aswell!

Ries

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read