MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Archives
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Thu 23 November 2006, 12:12
Gerald_D
Just call me:

These Chinese made saws come in 2 sizes. The big size weighs over 300 lbs (first 2 pics above) while the small one in the last pic is under 150 lbs. I am suggesting the big one for the rails. (Harborfreight sells both sizes $200 vs $600).
Old Fri 24 November 2006, 07:26
fabrica
Just call me:

The sample cut of the V rail came out beautifully. Tomorrow we would start on the actual thing. The photo is not very clear. I will post a better photo tomorrow.

Old Fri 24 November 2006, 07:57
Greg Waggy
Just call me:

Fab... It looks darn good to me! Now, how abotu those "V" bearings that will ride on the "V" rails? Got any of those made up or photos of the ones you are going to use?
Old Fri 24 November 2006, 08:05
fabrica
Just call me:

The V rollers would come from superior bearings. Hopefully they would be with me in another 10 days time. I hope to finish off the table by then.
Old Fri 24 November 2006, 08:44
Gerald_D
Just call me:

That rail looks 100%!
Old Fri 24 November 2006, 10:07
fabrica
Just call me:

Thanks Gerald, Tomorrow I would upload another photo which would give you better details of what I have done.

It would have been much more cost effective for me to have outsourced this job to another company. The main reason as to why I did it on my own, by utilising my own resources was due to the fact that I needed to contribute something worthwhile to this forum. I would love to see a lot of other guys contributing more frequently so the this becomes a very lively forum.
Closed Thread

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read