MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts

Old Tue 28 July 2009, 10:28
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Did you get them there is some more.
Old Tue 28 July 2009, 10:53
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Hey you Capie...if you steel my space I DEMAND some as well...
Old Tue 28 July 2009, 11:03
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Ok, dam duiker I will send you some.
Old Sun 02 August 2009, 11:38
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Gerald, Hennie, Alan, Lex or any other South African that are in the woodworking / tool game. Please help...where can I find a TRUNNION for the 14 inch Taiwanese bandsaw table in South Africa. I looked on the internet and can find some in America for around $ 6.00, but let me first see how much and if I can source it locally. I need two of them and the bottom pully...think it is about 80 mm with a 21 mm shaft.

Trunnion small.gif
Old Sun 02 August 2009, 22:54
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
I checked with the vernier, the motor shaft is 16mm. Who is the best to go to for this small pulley.

Last edited by Kobus_Joubert; Sun 02 August 2009 at 23:02..
Old Sun 02 August 2009, 23:26
Lex
Just call me: Johan #56

Empangeni KwaZuluNatal
South Africa
I don't think I can help much but I will keep it in mind. Your picture is not very clear. It looks like two mating halfs?
Old Mon 03 August 2009, 09:59
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Thanks Johan. Will try and post another picture tonight. I did get a new steel pulley from Bearing Man with taper bush for just under R 100.00
Old Mon 03 August 2009, 12:49
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
This should be better Johan.

Trunnion.jpg
Old Mon 03 August 2009, 22:53
Lex

Empangeni KwaZuluNatal
South Africa
Eish! Not something you can buy at the corner store!
Old Tue 04 August 2009, 00:57
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
The guys we would try in Cape Town for that part would be Rutherfords and Hardware Center, both have branches in Johannesburg.
Old Mon 10 August 2009, 12:34
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Some feedback on those Trunnions...managed to find them at Hardware Centre in Pretoria.

As today was a public holiday and the weather is improving, old BBB was singing all day. I started on those SANDSTONE bricks I am making to cover a wall inside the house. Managed to do about 30 pieces in different sizes with a TEXTURE surface...thanks to V-Carve Pro. The Nesting also helped to optimise the 2400 x 1200 sheet of MDF.
I did the textures with a 19 mm ballnose and the total amount of G-code lines in Mach 3 was more than 96000...yes ninty six thousend lines of G-code...took more than 5 hours to do the job.....
Good news.....the Motion King Steppers got nice and hot...very hot as they were working today, but old BBB did not miss a step.

Today I did not sit and watch him do his thing. I managed to sand the big garage door and gave it a coat of fresh varnish. Also did some plastering on a outside wall and did some frames for the wife for her lead glass project.....

Overall a productive day.
Old Mon 10 August 2009, 23:40
Lex

Empangeni KwaZuluNatal
South Africa
Well done! Where do you get all the energy?
Old Tue 11 August 2009, 02:19
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Ho Kobus,
I'm confused, did you just said cut sand stone bricks? or you textured the mdf?
Old Tue 11 August 2009, 04:00
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Ken we do strange things in this Country
Old Tue 11 August 2009, 04:07
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Ken, see posts 26 July above.
Old Tue 11 August 2009, 10:27
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Lex, I am not THAT old yet...I suppose it is the change in weather...in Winter not much gets done , but now that we can work in the workshop again without warm clothes, we get things done.

Yes Ken cutting SANDSTONE look alike bricks out of MDF. I took the measurements of the wall with the door in the middle, layed out some different size BRICKS on the plan to look like a sandstone brick wall. Then numbered each piece. Then did one texture on the EVEN numbers and a slightly different texture on the UNEVEN numbers. Will stick them to the wall with tile cement. Paint them and afterwards put in a different colour grouting....Hope it all works OK for the amount of effort so far.
Old Tue 11 August 2009, 17:37
kooskoek
Just call me: Dave

Centurion
South Africa
Hi Kobus

Die gogga het my ook gebyt, ek het geen ondervinding in cnc nie, maar ek wil so graag een van die monsters he.

Mag ek jou vra hoeveel die hele projek jou gekos het?

Wil ook vra of ek die monster(mamba) kan kom besigtig.

Good job, keep it up!

regards

kooskoek
Old Tue 11 August 2009, 22:24
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
No problem just say when. I was lucky and got some parts for free ...total about R 22 000.00. I think it can be done for around R 30 000.00 - R 35 000.00 all depends what components you decide to use.
Old Wed 12 August 2009, 08:48
kooskoek
Just call me: Dave

Centurion
South Africa
Want to build one for my father, he stays down on the South Coast. He has 3d experience, comming from CAD background. So I think he would love It as a Gift. Can't afford a Porcha to fit in one of his double garages.

This baby will fill it up surely.
Old Wed 12 August 2009, 09:23
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Welcome Dave! I wish that I had a son like you! (Sean, are you reading this?)
Old Wed 12 August 2009, 09:48
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
ha ha
Old Wed 12 August 2009, 23:48
CAM Craft
Just call me: Sean D

Cape Town
South Africa
hmmmm
Old Thu 13 August 2009, 00:13
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Sean just say yes " oupa " then the whole ball game changes,isn`t it someones birthday tomorow
Old Thu 13 August 2009, 09:07
Doug_Ford
Just call me: Doug #3

Conway (Arkansas)
United States of America
Sean,

If you are too busy to build a MM for your Dad, I bet he would settle for a Porsche like Dave was talking about.
Old Thu 13 August 2009, 09:21
Alan_c
Just call me: Alan (#11)

Cape Town (Western Cape)
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_c
You will have to make it a Cayanne, he just wouldnt look right in one of those wimpy 911's
Old Sun 13 September 2009, 07:21
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Had to share this with the group. My wife made a stained glass panel for the entrance hall. I was ordered to get old BBB working and make the box for this panel. It will house a 8 Watt tube light.

After making the thing I could not decide on the finish. The glass and lead (solder) that went into this thing needed something special. So I popped into the local Mica Hardware store and had a look around. My eye caught this tin of RUST-OLEUM American Accents STONE finish paint. It said UNIQUE TEXTURED FINISH on the tin. At R 123.00 [$15] a tin I thought that this must be good at this price. Well, I was not dissapointed. The finish is what I wanted and I will buy this product again. Waiting for it to dry and then I will cover it with some CLEAR.
Well done America...this product is MAGIC..

DSC00758-1.JPG

Last edited by bradm; Sun 13 September 2009 at 07:52.. Reason: Cleanup sideway photo per request
Old Sun 13 September 2009, 12:04
bfauska
Just call me: Brian #30

Seattle, WA
United States of America
Quote:
Waiting for it to dry and then I will cover it with some CLEAR
Naturally after you are done with that you will show us the finished product it sounds interesting.
Old Thu 17 September 2009, 13:21
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Right here we go.

The lightbox cut on old BBB and painted with that STONE paint.

DSC00764.JPG

Then more of those flower boxes things that my wife like to give to her friends.

DSC00765.JPG

DSC00767.JPG

Then some small side tables....still got to do the legs.
Made sure I finish the can of STONE paint before it get's old or clog up

DSC00766.JPG
Old Thu 17 September 2009, 13:58
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Kobus,
Very Nice! Did you use MDF for the base material in the tables?
Old Thu 17 September 2009, 22:22
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Yes Heath all done in MDF

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts