MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 10 January 2007, 16:59
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

The baby beast is cutting away - Peurto Ordaz, Venezuela

(Note added by Admin: "My table is for boards 1.200mm*2.400mm, official measure of MDF in my country.")

Hello. My name is Hugo Carradini and I am a metal sculptor that was trying to get a small machine to cut stainless steal and find out a forum called CNC Zone that trapped me. Since I find out that I could do a CNC machine (that was a year and a half ago) I just can't stop thinking any other thing that is not related to CNC.

I started with a small wood machine for cutting wood and plastics just to learn the basics, then I draw my own design using metal frame that you can see in http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23649 and know I am ready to start with a big man toy. I forgot the plasma for a while because I want to learn the basics and is, I think, easier the electronics for a router machine.

My partner is an architect that owns a wood shop so there is plenty of work to do. I am the kind of person that finishes what I start so hope to be posting soon and hope to get when needed the help that you people can give. Thanks Gerald for this great opportunity and hope to end up with a machine I can proudly show.

English is not my native language so excuse me for any mistake.

Regards
Hugo Carradini
Old Sun 11 February 2007, 18:17
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

OK Gerald. I just started, asking for the laser kits. I will be sending photos of all my process as son as I start. I will be slow for the next month because I am moving my Shop and that is a lotttttttt of work but my heart is in this machine and I need it to come alive.
Old Sat 17 February 2007, 11:55
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Hugo, your profile here has a link to your Vitrales website - but it appears to be broken? Does that website still work?
Old Sat 17 February 2007, 13:08
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

I have some body taking care of that website and apparently forgot to reactivate it . (I recognize not having experience handling a web page)If the problem keeps I will have designed a new one and is a shame because it is a nice page.
Old Fri 23 February 2007, 13:12
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

OK. I will take care. Talking about Mcmaster, I have a problem. I wanted to buy the cable carrier, the spring and the gas spring. They receive the order , send a e-mail confirmation notice an at the next day this
Hugo,

Thank you for sending us this order. Due to the ever-increasing complexity of U.S. Export regulations, McMaster-Carr has decided to only accept orders from a few, long-established customers of ours overseas. We cannot accept your order, and regret any inconvenience this causes you.

Kris

I don't want to speculate, sow I will like to know is there is a way I can pay some one to buy my stuff and have it send to mi address in Miami.
Or maybe another address where I can buy the gas spring and the cable carrier.
Thanks
Hugo Carradini
Old Fri 23 February 2007, 14:52
reza forushani
Just call me:

let me know what you need
Old Fri 23 February 2007, 15:47
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Hello reza.
I need from McMaster:
4516T283 Open Feed-Through Style Cable & Hose Carrier 1.38" H X 3.66" W Overall Sz, 3.94" Bend
Radius, 6'L 2 sets

4556T582 Mounting Bracket for Cable and Hose Carrier Open Style, 1.38" H X 3.66" W Overall
2 sets
9654K324 Steel Extension Spring 4-1/8" Length, 9/16" OD, .08" Wire 1 set

9416K181 Gas Spring with Threaded Ends 20 Force, 18.22" Extended Length, 7.87" Stroke
1 set
9416K95 M6-Thread Assortment
1 set

I can pay you with Visa or MasterdCard and once you registered it you can send it to my courier.
I will really appreciate if you can help me.
Thanks
Old Fri 23 February 2007, 16:09
reza forushani
Just call me:

sURE. nO PROBLEM. Send me email with your info
reza(at)tuliphomes(dot)com
Old Fri 23 February 2007, 16:16
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

reza ¿Can you indicate me and address where I can buy on line my cables and all the surplus like contactors, e-stop buttons, relays etc? I guess there are so many that that at the end I finish all confused and when English is not your native language, well......
Thanks again
Old Fri 23 February 2007, 23:55
reza forushani
Just call me:

I got some stuff at www.factorymation.com
Old Sat 24 February 2007, 00:17
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Was factorymation happy to sell small quantities? (Like the DIN rail and brackets)
Old Sat 24 February 2007, 00:52
reza forushani
Just call me:

I did not have any problems. They don't have the wires. I had to get these from other prices at a very high price.
Old Fri 02 March 2007, 15:22
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Hello friends.
I got confirmation and UPS tracking numbers in almost all the electronics including motors needed for my project. I am having problems with the Geckos (send two mails and no answer yet) and the cables. I need and address to buy on line, the cables, before a have to bother Reza that kindly is helping me with the McMaster stuff and the racks.
The laser cut parts will be send by Donald.
Hope you guys understand that some times is difficult for me to get the things I need (every thing has to be imported)and language is a barrier to understand exactly what has to be done.
But I love this project and I am decided to do it right.
Thanks to all
Old Wed 09 May 2007, 09:34
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Hello Gerald and friends.
Here goes the first post of my process "kitchen" project.
Don't be to critic with the holes for the fan "I know there is no excuse, will be fix soon"
One problem I have is that we are suppose, in my country, to work with 110 volts but we really get is 120 volts so my transformer is giving me 12.8 volts instead of 9 volts. ¿Can I work with that voltage or do I have to low it down to 9 volt?
Thanks for the comments.

Old Wed 09 May 2007, 09:40
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Old Wed 09 May 2007, 09:45
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Old Wed 09 May 2007, 09:46
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Old Wed 09 May 2007, 09:48
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Old Wed 09 May 2007, 09:49
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Old Wed 09 May 2007, 09:50
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Old Wed 09 May 2007, 09:51
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Old Wed 09 May 2007, 09:54
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Old Wed 09 May 2007, 09:55
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Old Wed 09 May 2007, 09:57
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Old Wed 09 May 2007, 12:35
Bob Cole
Just call me:

Hugo:
It looks like you are having "SOME FUN" putting your electronics together.. A GREAT looking job so far. I am sure that Gerald will be proud of your accomplishments.
Old Wed 09 May 2007, 14:08
Bill McGuire
Just call me:

Looks nice, Hugo.
Does Venezuela run on 60 cycle or 50 cycle power? Just curious...
Old Wed 09 May 2007, 15:29
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

You are right Bob, a "LOT OF FUN"
Bill we run 60 cycle.
Thank both for your comentaries
Old Wed 09 May 2007, 17:47
DocTanner
Just call me:

Hugo,
Very tidy workmanship. Great job!

I think you will find the fan will not be necessary.
I too started out with a fan and found out they are an unwanted source of dust infiltration.
I leave mine on for days at a time.
There has been no heating problems.

DocTanner
Old Thu 10 May 2007, 07:52
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Hello friends.
Thanks Doc. I think we use the same reducer on our motors , so I will need some advice on the best relation for the pinions.
While we wait Gerald gets back I need to inform got a new problem. I connect the transformer to make a test but won?t give me a lecture. It is like dead. I think will have to take to a technician to check. The other problem is about the 9 volts that I am not receiving from my small transformer. Like I said before, instead of 110 volts we get 120 volts and the transformer gives me 12.9 volts. ¿Will this affect my card? ¿Can I work with that voltage or do I have to take to 9 volts?
Thanks for the advice you guys can give me and hoping Gerald get back with his characteristic enthusiasm.
Hugo Carradini
Old Thu 10 May 2007, 12:36
DocTanner
Just call me:

Hugo,
You are correct, Gerald does use a fan on his.
But I vented mine to the outside. This created my dust problem.
I don't always follow instructions well.
One thing about it, if you follow his plans to the letter, it will work!

DocTanner

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read