MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 07 August 2009, 15:26
jason H
Just call me: Jase

Phillip Island, Victoria
Australia
Yet another Aussie CNC Nut.

Hello to you all, Jason here from Phillip Island, Victoria, Australia. I just wanted to chim in and say a big hello to you all. I have only been here for afew days and i'm stunned to see how many Aussies are here, thats a good thing as if I get stuck with my build I know that some of you out there will only be to willing to lend a hand.

This is the first time I have built something of this scale, the only other thing that I can draw experience from is I built a small hobby CNC foam cutter for cutting out foam RC aircraft wings. The unit was way to small for what I was doing and it wasn't to accurate as the whole thing was built from MDF and ply. Now I find myself building larger plugs for vacumm infusion work and really need that accuracy.

I have alot of questions to ask you all but I have only done 1/10th the reading I need too......

Catch you all in the forum and a big shout out to Gerald, thanx for sharing,

Jase.
Old Fri 07 August 2009, 18:36
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Welcome Jason, Good luck on the research.
Old Sat 08 August 2009, 05:18
Besser
Just call me: Besser

Vic
Australia
Good luck and I look forward to being in touch.
Old Sat 08 August 2009, 08:50
hydrotruth
Just call me: hydrotruth

Melbourne
Australia
Hi Jason, and everyone else here!
I have just become a new member and can't wait to set up a cnc router!!!
Good luck and happy building to all of us.
Im from Melbourne too...
Old Sat 08 August 2009, 16:04
jason H
Just call me: Jase

Phillip Island, Victoria
Australia
Geez.... There are so many of us here, G'day to you all. Maybe we could all get together and build a Super CNC, one that is triple layered, folds up into the wall, cuts parts from the fifth dimension that loads the job itself, works out its own cutting programm to make a part tha will save the world. Just kidding, sorry my attempt at humor.

But, it is great that there is so many of us here, we can help each other out and make sure that we all get the spiration we need to complete the project.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read