MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 29 July 2009, 09:52
Polder48
Just call me: polder

Edam
Netherlands
Planning a new build in Edam - The Netherlands

Greetings to you all in the MM-community.

First off all many, many thanks to all of you who are contributing to this website. I have spend the last 4 days (yes that is what I say - four days) looking and studying the whealth off information on this site. That has given me so much confidence I've decided to go for it. After all what can go wrong with such a back-up?

My partner and I are planning to build a 125 x 250 cm MM. That is our maximum board size over here. Can't tell you yet when we will starting the build as of now. But it will surtenly be before Christmas.

Planning making lists what we need and what we have will consume all our efforts till then. Be aware that I will be on board on a daily basis to gather information.

Our proffession is in the graphic industry. The products we will handle on the MM will be Alubond, Dibond, Reynabond, Perspex, vinyl etc. You guesed it allready I think - Sign-making.

That's it for now, hope to make my contribution worthwhile in the near future, think I'am goiing to sleep now

Polder
Old Wed 29 July 2009, 11:48
jhiggins7
Just call me: John #26

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Welcome Polder.

I've traveled to your wonderful country on several occasions (retired Shell).

Best of luck on your build. We are standing by to see your progress.
Old Wed 29 July 2009, 11:53
servant74
Just call me: Jack

Nashville (Tennessee)
United States of America
Great to have you ... Well enjoy your sleep now, when you parts come in, the excitement may keep you from sleeping till it is done!

Remember, to help us help you there are dues to pay: pictures, pictures, and more pictures!
Old Wed 29 July 2009, 22:30
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Welcome Polder from the polder . I worked at KPN for 5 years in Hilversum. Visited Edam a few times showing my visiting friends and family the Cheese Market.
Great to have you on board and good luck.
Old Thu 30 July 2009, 07:29
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Welcome Polder! Hope your build goes well.
Old Thu 30 July 2009, 11:46
Polder48

Edam
Netherlands
Thanks John #26, Jack, Kobus #6 and Heath for your kind words. Feel at home already.

First correction need to be made. We did find a new substrate we're going to work with. Standard size is 150 x 300 cm. Ques what our MM needs to be bigger already!

Have printed the drawings and some relevant stuff I did find on this site. This gave me 480+ pages of documentation already. If Gerald keeps track of al the stuff being posted, how much documentation fills his library?

Cheese from Edam
Old Thu 30 July 2009, 12:08
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
My library is paperless
Old Thu 30 July 2009, 23:03
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Archived in the GREY matter
Old Fri 31 July 2009, 02:11
Polder48

Edam
Netherlands
Talking

That's where it should be Kobus!

We started! Found a metal box with a door. Thought that could be the controlebox. Inquireries are out for the stuff that should be in there.

Cheese from Edam
Old Sun 02 August 2009, 05:56
Claudiu
Just call me: Claus #43

Arad
Romania
Welcome Polder

Hi Polder,
Have fun building your MM. Post some pics of your Progress.
I`ve been living 25y in Germany and also had a few occasions to visit Netherlands. Real nice country and nice people...

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read