MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Archives
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Fri 16 March 2007, 13:28
John
Just call me:

Rail and Block

Pls check here for rail and block
http://www.kelinginc.net/SlideBlock.html
Old Fri 16 March 2007, 13:51
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Sorry John, that system is not needed for the MechMate.
Old Mon 09 April 2007, 15:25
David Rosenbleeth
Just call me:

I have been doing some investigation into this system as part of the conversion of my PRT 96 to a "Mech Bot Rod". Although it is quite clear that the increase in size and contact area of the #3 wheel over the #2 wheel is definately a real plus and will certainly smooth things out immensely, I feel that "in for a penny, in for a pound" philosophy is leading me to adopt my new gantry, car, and slide to a rail riding rig while I'm doing all this. When I think about the twin desired improvements that has led me to this from the beginning, better resolution and higher speed, and the comfort that I have a better resolution with the Geckos and will have an even better resolution and increased cutting speed with the stiffness of the new upper structure, by going that final step to linear rails, I should be about as close to "big iron" performance as is possible. One could compare the difference by simply labelling it "optional" much like choosing a spindle over a router.

Dave
Closed Thread

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read