MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 06 October 2010, 08:48
pistolpete
Just call me: pete

Fort Erie,Ontario
Canada
Greetings from Fort Erie,Ontario

Hello everyone. Just joined the group after finding this site through a link. We have been considering purchasing a 4x4 machine for some time but just haven't had the funds. Maybe making our own is the way to go. Ideally, i would like to purchase a complete kit and do all the assembly as time really does not permit a complete fab job. How long has it taken some of you to fab up your machines? I know costs are related to components used, but can some of you provide rough estimates of your machines? I'm glad to have found this site and look forward to learning all I can. Thanx for any input you can offer me......Pete
Old Wed 06 October 2010, 08:57
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Depending on your commitment to shop time, it could be as quick as 2 weeks or as long as it takes.
Most people fabricating this project from scratch spend an average of about 4 months working on the weekends and occasion nights.

If you focused completely on this project, it could be done in about 10-14 days straight.

Table 2 days
rails 2 days
electronics 4 days
assembly and programming 2 days.
Old Wed 06 October 2010, 21:50
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
2 days for paint job...
Old Wed 06 October 2010, 21:51
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Thx ken

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read