MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 30 June 2009, 21:06
Radishworks
Just call me: Mike #40

California
United States of America
Hello from Ramona (in San Diego) California,

Hello from Ramona (in San Diego) California,

My name is Mike and I'm a CAD and 3D programmer who likes to build real stuff in my spare time. I'm just finishing up my latest project, a Lost in Space B9 Robot (picture attached). My project before the B9 was a Lamborghini Replica (not a kit, mostly from scratch over 7 years), picture also attached. I've always been fascinated with CNC machines and paid to have some of the robot parts CNC cut. Now its time to start my next project and lucky for me, I found this site!

Hats off to Gerald and all the people on this forum, MM seems like a great machine, and the help here is amazing. I've been reading this forum and studying the MM plans for a couple of weeks and I'm really impressed. I'm looking forward to getting started on my very own MM.

I'm sending a PM to Castone to see if he's got a set of parts available, looks like I'm committed now.

Thanks,
Mike

PS The B9 Builders site reminds me of this site, and anyone looking for their next building adventure, check out: http://www.b9robotbuildersclub.com/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B9.JPG (63.6 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg Car 2.jpg (23.4 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg CarFrame.jpg (23.1 KB, 129 views)
Old Tue 30 June 2009, 22:45
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Welcome Mike - lots of new project possibilities for you once you have the MM running!

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read