MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Structure & Mechanics > 50. Toolheads
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 23 February 2011, 13:41
isladelobos
Just call me: Ros

Canary Islands
Spain
Send a message via MSN to isladelobos Send a message via Yahoo to isladelobos
The spindles ares three phase?

You can see the 7.5Kw vfd prices. ($700 aprox.)
Normaly here in Spain the home one phase electric contract is 5.5kw.
For 7.5Kw, three phase consumption, is more cheap.

You have solutions.

1- tree phases contract in your home.
2- 7.5Kw VFD (expensive vfd and maybe need more amepres in your home electric box)
3- three phase rotary converter, you need one 15kw rotary converter for move 7.5kw spindle, (need more amperes in your home electric box)
4- connect a cable to the street lamp (free )
Old Thu 24 February 2011, 06:33
alan254
Just call me: Al #95

mystic ct
United States of America
I have a 400 amp in my shop. it is single phase i can convert to 3. the real question is can the mm handle 10 hp and structually and still run accurately without structual changes
Old Thu 24 February 2011, 10:36
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Can you drive a 200 HP car off the street, across your driveway and stop it before it goes through the back wall of your garage?
Old Thu 24 February 2011, 13:09
alan254

mystic ct
United States of America
all i would like to know is, positive or negitive, will the mm structually handle a 10 hp spindle.. ? i currently have built a rolling mm, wired and ready for a spindle and drive motors and plan to use the preferred drive motors you recomened the oriental w/7.2 reduction. I am not married to the 10 hp spindles, but, I do have them and the cost is nothing if they are not compatable i just won't uses them.. if they are maby i can another mm builder out since i have 2. see thread #1 in parting out a non mm machine

thank you
Old Thu 24 February 2011, 15:45
bradm
Just call me: Brad #10

Somerville(MA)
United States of America
Al, I believe that Gerald's point is that a 10 hp spindle is more power than you need, but if properly installed and operated, it will work. You'll obviously have to make the appropriate adjustments for the extra weight.

Gerald, I can normally drive a 200 or 300 HP car off the street, up my driveway, and into my narrow garage. Unless I've been manufacturing too many shims, in which case I don't drive.
Old Thu 24 February 2011, 19:59
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Alan, the point is that the horsepower rating has nothing to do with whether you can use it or not. You will have to make a judgement if it will fit in the MM.
Old Fri 25 February 2011, 05:38
alan254

mystic ct
United States of America
thanks all

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read