MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > About this Forum
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 19 June 2008, 10:52
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
The Feminine side of MechMate / MechMate family

This thread is created for all the ladies of the MechMate brigade.I was told by my boss to try and involve the other halves to see what they have to say about their husbands ( boyfriends, hubbies )who are involved in the day to day progress of their husbands builds.
Altough we are building and are always in front of the computer or in a book or busy with something involving MechMate to the good of ourselves it had to come to a point where we involve our other halves.

I Hope that I have the permission of the creator and the father of the MechMate to start this family involvement and after all have a laugh and some good times.

So everybody let the MechMate family thread begin.
Old Sun 22 June 2008, 11:32
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Hi my name is Caroline and I am a MecMate mommy. I thought it high time for all the ladies of MecMate builders to join in the "fun" of this day to day processs. I personally feel as though my husband is married to his computer and the garage where he is curently building is latest toy, hope this one lasts longer than the previous one ! Hope these wonderfull inventions can cook and clean as I am tired of carting food and drink to the garage and picking pieces of metal and wire from my carpets. I hope for all the men's sake that these machines will be a rip roaring sucsess or they might all soon belong to the lonely hearts club. To all the men happy building and don't forget your beter halves who I am sure will stand by you through thick and thin as I will with mine. To all the ladies keep the faith it is not really that bad and I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the matter. Hope we speak soon !
Old Sun 22 June 2008, 11:53
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Hi - my name is Jenny and I am the wife and better half of the "creator and father" of Mechmate! Take strength ladies - sometimes it does feel that you are loosing out to "Mary" - the computer - but things could be worse - pub crawling and worse!! We have a son involved with Mechmate who has a "wife-to-be" - I think she needs some TLC! Chat soon.
Old Sun 22 June 2008, 19:10
Greg J
Just call me: Greg #13

Hagerman, New Mexico
United States of America
Howdee, this is Karen, Greg's wife. I don't think I am the better half, smarter maybe, say, can the men read these . I enjoy seeing him involved and content in his shop. I like having him close to home. As Jennie said, there are alot worse things. We have our first signs made. I do some tole painting so I am going to try to paint the "Welcome" sign over the shop door that Greg just made. He also made a beautiful sign for our son's girlfriend. He is so excited, as all the men are I am sure, about this machine. And the help you all provide one another and it somehow makes the world a cozzyier place. I am taking a little trip for a week, girls reunion. I will check on the road or when I get home. Thanks Hennie, for doing this for us. Take care Karen J.
Old Thu 24 July 2008, 14:21
Alan_c
Just call me: Alan (#11)

Cape Town (Western Cape)
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_c
Hi there. Is this the lonely hearts club band for Mechmate widows??? My name is Jolene (Jo-Jo to my friends) & I belong to Alan, along with all his other toys i.e. camera,computer,mechmate etc!!!!! Actually I shouldn't complain as this should all be 2nd nature to me after 15yrs & I married the leopard and as we know they don't change their spots....not that I'd want him to Maybe just make juggling for 1st place a tiny bit easier sometimesAnyway, the kids & I keep him refuelled (via an intercom that he installed connecting the house & garage as winters in Grabouw are rather chilly & at least now I'm not banging on the garage door in the pouring rain with my foot while my hands are holding the mug of tea & plate of goodies. As the saying goes the way to a man's heart is via his tummy Jokes aside guys, I truly do hope this works out for him & all the other wonderful guys who keep him glued to his computer while exchanging important info & always giving helpful hints. I love to read the goings on from time to time but being technically challenged I do find some of the terminology interesting & frightening sometimes eg Bi-polar,BOB NOT TO MENTION SOME OF THE GUYS SCREEN NAMES eg Koning,Bellybutton etc. Anyways ladies, keep well & keep the home fires burning while the guys hopefully aren't letting any smoke escape!!!!!
Old Thu 24 July 2008, 15:12
Marc Shlaes
Just call me: Marc

Cleveland, OH
United States of America
Send a message via Skype™ to Marc Shlaes
Alan,

I think you should keep her! She sounds like a great woman. I really can't wait for the first IMUF (International Mechmate Users' Forum) to personally meet all you folks. This truly is one cool community.
Old Thu 24 July 2008, 21:00
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
This thread reserved for ladies only

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read