MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > About this Forum
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 20 January 2008, 10:21
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
Sunday and still need to work... in shorts since it’s only -15C ( 5F ), w/a nice sunny blue sky. They say with the wind factor it's +/-, -26C …brrrrr )

P7290019.JPG
P7240012.JPG

And this one, last Thursday for my older son birthday !
P1170003.JPG

Amicalement, Robert
Old Mon 21 January 2008, 12:48
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
At this stage we can deduce that folk with beards are South African
Gerald,
What is the connection with beards and South Africa?
Old Wed 23 January 2008, 01:27
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Heath, I think most of us are lazy.

(I don't know if we have more beards than others - it just seemed that way looking at the above pics )
Old Wed 23 January 2008, 01:59
Alan_c
Just call me: Alan (#11)

Cape Town (Western Cape)
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_c
No No No, not lazy, just too busy, you know reading forums, thinking about designs, dreaming about the finished product etc etc. (well thats my story anyway and I'm sticking to it)
Old Wed 23 January 2008, 03:03
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Ja Alan, your beard is high-maintenance, so we can't accuse you of laziness. I dumped my razor in 1979.
Old Wed 23 January 2008, 07:08
Doug_Ford
Just call me: Doug #3

Conway (Arkansas)
United States of America
I just figured the South Africans were more manly than the rest of us.
Old Wed 23 January 2008, 07:10
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Gerald, Alan,
If I could look as distinguished as you fellows with a beard, I would start one tomorrow.
Old Wed 06 February 2008, 09:12
revved_up
Just call me: Craig

Hartland, MI
United States of America
My motors have been delivered so its time to come out of hiding. Not yet time for a personal build thread yet, this will be a slooooow build.

c.jpg

For those of you that are curious this was taken atop of the Pontiac Silverdome.
Old Sat 09 February 2008, 16:06
DocTanner
Just call me: Don Ross

Blue Ridge, Texas
United States of America
Hi,

My name is Donald Ross

And these are the kind of things that happen when you have too much time on your hands

Last edited by Gerald D; Sat 09 February 2008 at 23:42.. Reason: pic posting probs
Old Sat 09 February 2008, 23:49
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Donald is rarely seen around around here, but he holds a very special place in this community. Check the date on that test post - he was the very first guy to get a MechMate cutting outside of my own premises. And from the fly on his table, he is still quietly getting on with it. Of course, he has a nice advantage over the rest of you guys - a decent beard!
Old Sun 10 February 2008, 02:40
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Donald,

Thanks for being the first. You need a new bug guy, he missed one of those Texas bugs. Nice work!!!!!!!!!
Old Sun 10 February 2008, 06:40
Greg J
Just call me: Greg #13

Hagerman, New Mexico
United States of America
Don,

I have to second that THANKS. Your input and posts were a tremendous help for myself.

Thank You.
Greg
Old Thu 14 February 2008, 13:46
ekdenton
Just call me: Ed #8

Alamogordo, NM
United States of America
Ed

Me and my middle son at my daughters College graduation. I also have two other boys. Iv'e been mainly a steel worker most of my life, just been interested in making guitars and tube amplifiers and other wood work the last 5 years. Nice to see who I am chatting with. Thanks for the photos and thank Gerald D for the website.

Old Mon 10 March 2008, 20:42
stefanv
Just call me: stefan

Port-au-Prince
Haiti
Sean, Stefan, Nils, Mechmate

What about this little reunion ?

Orlando March 10, 2008
Old Mon 10 March 2008, 22:38
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Stefan,
Thanks for a great visit. I hope you weren't disappointed walking around all the "off cut trash" piles around the machine. She has been busy lately.
NOTE: I wonder if we all fit with the MM crowd, we don't have beards
Back to cutting.
Old Mon 10 March 2008, 22:57
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
That photo needs to go on the front page of the sales brochure!
Old Mon 10 March 2008, 23:48
stefanv

Port-au-Prince
Haiti
I’m must say, I’m amazed with the simplicity and the efficiency of the Mechmate. Seeing it hard at work, I’m sure there is no CNC table in its price range or even 5 times more, that’s more accurate and stronger. This thing cuts plywood like butter! (as long as the bit is sharp that is ) Sean, Nils, thanks again for sharing your experience with me!

Gerald, I'm proud to be part of the Mechmate family! You are right up there with guys like Art Fenerty and Mariss Freimanis making professional cnc possible for people on a budget.

Can’t wait to get back to my build!

Stefan
Old Tue 11 March 2008, 01:29
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Stefan,

It was great to meet you.

I think I can speak for the three of us when I say we are looking forward to the first MM gathering here in Orlando or some place else. It was great to share back grounds and to talk MechMate.

Thanks Gerald!
Old Tue 11 March 2008, 05:43
Greg J

Hagerman, New Mexico
United States of America
Great photo guys.

When Ed comes and see's my machine, we'll post pictures of the "Southern Rockies" branch.

Looking forward to the MM conference. Hint, hint.
Old Tue 11 March 2008, 20:42
stefanv

Port-au-Prince
Haiti
Gerald, you want all of us to come to South Africa? Or can we offer you a ticket to US?
Old Wed 12 March 2008, 12:31
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
You would prefer it to come here!
Old Mon 07 April 2008, 09:26
Hugo Carradini
Just call me: Hugo

Pto. Ordaz
Venezuela
Hello friends.
Nice to meet you all.

Old Thu 17 July 2008, 23:46
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Gerald,

Nils is having fun and Sean is also. Laser parts from Joe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0770.jpg (170.7 KB, 766 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0771.jpg (169.8 KB, 765 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0776.jpg (167.2 KB, 762 views)
Old Thu 07 August 2008, 00:37
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Yesterday, turned out to be a most interesting day.

We turned the table right side up and I started to drill the aluminum so we can marry aluminum and channel for the rails.

The interesting part was after I had packed the truck and I pushed the passenger sit back. About 3 weeks ago, I bought a 2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab. Has a small space behind the Driver and passenger sit for two very small people or for storage. Very nice White truck with grey interior. In very good shape out and in side.

That pushing of the sit back did not sit well with the rattler that was sitting on the floor behind the passenger seat. That is MM Blue rattler spray can! It along with 3 other cans were in a partially closed plastic shopping bag. One of them got pierced by the seat mechanism when I pushed the seat back. The next thing I hearding was the hissing of the can.

It took me a few seconds to associate the hissing sound to the can. I quickly grabbed the bag and pulled them out of the car because I could see blue paint. After removing the bag, I looked inside to see how much damage there was. There was blue paint in many places. There was blue paint on the outside and all over my arms, hands and body. There was also a large gabage size spot on the concrete.

I quickly ran inside and picked up a large container of Minieral Spirits and started cleaning up. Sean's associate brought me a can of Acetone.

I was surprised that I was able to clean the paint off of the inside and outside of the Truck. When I got home, I removed the passenger seat from the truck and continued to find more paint but I was able to clean it up.

It wasn't until I looked in the mirror did I see my face.

Lesson learned: If you are going to carry rattler cans in the inside of your vehicle besure they are safe from puncturing.

Old Thu 07 August 2008, 00:58
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
A reminder, this thread limited for posting to folk who have put pictures on here. They don't have to look as scary (silence of the lambs?) as the one above
Old Thu 07 August 2008, 06:11
Greg J

Hagerman, New Mexico
United States of America
Speaking of rattle cans: A friend blew out the front window and dash of his truck a couple of weeks ago. He had left a rattle can of window cleaner on the front seat. It's summer time here where the ambient temperature is in the low 100's F. Obviously, with the windows rolled up, the inside temperature is much greater. It would have done serious personal injury if he had been in the drivers seat.
Old Thu 07 August 2008, 17:18
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Gas under pressure can be a scary thing.

I resent one scary guy telling another he is scary but I am in good company so I will take it as a compliment. I got my drivers license renewed today and that is one scary picture. They replace my good picture with some old guy.
Old Fri 08 August 2008, 11:48
ekdenton
Just call me: Ed #8

Alamogordo, NM
United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
A reminder, this thread limited for posting to folk who have put pictures on here. They don't have to look as scary (silence of the lambs?) as the one above
Good thing it wasn't the red paint like I used or it would be a really scary picture
Old Sat 09 August 2008, 07:51
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Another SA face

Since this is a place where one puts your face on here is mine with my other blue toy next pic will be of another Ford Tracktor blue toy.As one can see there is a blue Ford on the left and the white Ford bakkie is getting some blue stripes soon still looking for some wild designs.Isn`t blue a nice colour!

Old Sun 10 August 2008, 07:02
kaartman
Just call me: Koning #20

Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Hello MechMate Clan

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read