MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > About this Forum
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 11 September 2009, 11:14
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
FAQ's - Some e-mails that have been ignored without reply. . . .

Below are a collection of some e-mails (or PM's), received in the last year, that I have chosen to ignore since I felt the answers are already at this forum, or that the issue should be raised at the forum, or that it would be a waste of time: (These are not extracts - they are the full text except for the signee's name (if applicable))

--------------------------------
Is it possible to get CAD files or Solid Models that I can use to cut parts?
I have access to a machine at work I could cut many of the parts on, but I need CAD files to program the machine.
thanks

Dear MechMate
Is it possible to buy a fully made MechMate or do you only provide the build how ?
Regards

This looks like the right router for me, but im not sure from the forums I've read through how to procure the internal components. Stepping motors, etc. Can I get them from Mechmate? Do i have to get them from some other source?
Thanks

Hi,
Your drawings are nice but althought their are no perfect way to draw in CAD, this method of drawing leads to a lot of confusion since parts are constantly refered at another step in a drawing. Exemple, in Part 1 of your PDF file, drawing number 10 10 247 D, in order to know the size of the angle, you have to refer to drawing M1 10 120 S, which is not in this same PDF file and there are no indication to where to find it quickly. If I can make a suggestion, I would have simply added an overall dimension on the plan view which contains no practical information or put all of the same part drawings in the same PDF.
Like I said, this is a nice setup and good quality drawing, but it's a very laborious and time consuming way to draw.
Nice machine when built ! Keep up the good works !

I have tried several times to register so I can download the plans, but I still don't have authorization. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks,

Hi
I would like to build a machine like the ones in your web site.
Can you give me the prices please
Thank You

greetings

I communicate with you
with pleasure
Because for some time
I'm wanting to create
a company dedicated to manufacture
CNC machine
for South America
since this is a market with little demand for these
machines and very little supply
I joined your forum
and everything seems perfect
I would like to know
we can create an alliance
between us
for the manufacture of these
machines
I have a metalworking shop
besides having CNC machines for router / plasma
I would like to know if they have any
so that we can
distribute its brand
Where you provide such
all components
and we assemble here
etc etc
carefully

How much is the kit so I can assemble it myself?

Dear Sir,
I need your help in electronics side... Is it possible for you to post PCB design dwg and component used on it...
Regards,

Please help! I get get downloads after logging In.

no puedo registrarme

It would appear that some time ago I registered but had forgotten I had, and I registered again on the wed the 19 . It appears maybe the password from the first time I registered is not the same as now ,so could you please tell me what I should do ?

I'm having some problems finishing the registration. Every time i try to finish the registration, there's a message saying that the link in not valid, even when itry with the activation ID. I get an error saying the password is incorrect, but i can access the forum.
Thanks

Yesterday i've send a new thread but I can't see it. Maybe I have done something Wrong? maybe 5 atatchments are too much?
Sory for my enlish and thankyou

i m intrested in to build my own cnc router 4x8 table for wood working
please sen me how to start
best regards

good day I would like to ask you whether you have a router to cut wood and marble, and if you would have sent more informatsiyal thank you in advance

Is it possible to get PCB design for control Panel and Power Supply unit.
I am planning to make one machine for my personel use..
Regards,

I would like to register and get the MechMate Plans. They will be used for private use. How do I go about getting this done.

bonjour je suis francais et je n arrive pas a m'enregistrer .Je ne vois pas les images a selectionner .Pouvez vous m aider.Merci d avance

Greetings. Pls note that we are looking for a machine with the following specs:
Wood working cnc router for cutting and carving 3d panels in solid wood.
· 7.5 or 8 hp spindle water cooled or ceramic bearings. (brand and make details)
· Z axis clearance is 300 mm (a must as a minimum spec)
· Working area 1500 mm. by 3000 mm. (exact output area)
· ATC (Automatic Tool Changer) 8tools minimum (attached to the machine)
· Phenolic work table for vacuum system
· Linear Bearings
· Planetary Gearboxes
· Ball Screw Assembly
· Digital Servo Drives
· Brushless AC Servo Motors
· Vacuum table
· Vacuum pump (brand and make details) (calculated as per the area of the table (1500 x 3000 mm.) and
We thank you and await your reply regarding availability and price.
Thanks

hello, I have not received the activation mail, please review it
thanks

Does your machine run off stepper or servo motors ?
Thanks

Hi I would like obtain a registration and password.
Thanks,

Hi, Would like to know what would a complet set of parts cost?

Hi Gearld I cant remember my password and the link from the email does not seem to do anything
please help

i want to embark on building a cnc router, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please tell me more about Mech Mate. Is this just a Bill of Materials and forum or is there more?

Do you have a short introductory read, that gives a brief outline of all parts required to be purchased, and a step by step instruction manual for assembly, or a assembly guide. I am also in cape town, can one come and see your machine and chat?
Sincerely,

Dear Mr Wolf,
Hope you all fine.
This is **** from ************,China.

We are a professional CNC router manufacturer in China and can do OEM for you. Our CNC routers adopted first-class parts such as Italian HSD spindle,German Becker vacuum pump and so on. Also, the prices are really competitive in international market. Therefore, the CNC routers and laser engravers have been sold to more than 80 countries and got a good reputation.

The CNC routers all have CE certificate.We have distributors in 20 counrties and they are selling well now. Therefore, we are sincerely looking forward to cooperating with you for North American market. Pls kindly check our Website for more information: www.********
please feel free to contact me asap for any question. Your business is important to us so that we promised to do due diligence.Thanks very much!
Best regards,

I dont seem to find a complete wiring diagram,. I found the one for the power supply with the main switches only, but that is not all,. Can you please tell me where I can find it,.. Thanks,.

i can not log in i no my passward is right and my user mane is **** and my password is ******

I don't arrive has me conecter for the downloading

looks good how much

hello
just to let you know that someone is selling your plan for a while in Ebay, I bought the plan myself. Ebay Item number: **********
Item location: Great NE, United States
have a good day

I am finding dificulty in sownloading the plans for the cnc 5'x10' size MM
please advise me why
Thank You

help cant get in

Forgot my password

hola,tengo una maquina shopbot y el spindle es hds,he contactado con ellos porque mi ventilador del spindle se ha roto y necesito uno nuevo y ellos me recomendaron a vosotros.gracias desde canarias

Hy,
I have the table, . I missing the z axis ,3 the steppers and the controllers. For a table 4ft x 3ft where i can finding a kit for a good price?
I am not reach yet, i am married too. hi, hi

quiero contactarme para la compra de la maquinam. gracias

i cant download plans says i dont have permission, i may need account activation code emailed to me again. ty

Can I buy a mechmate already built. If so what is the cost. If not, what is the cost to build one (4x8 cutting area)?

regist

Has anyone used thes plans and built a machine with 3 or 4 spindles? Can it be done?

estoy interesado en la maquina se pueden contactar via mail? no hablo ingles

rien

hI
I am experiencing REG.problem kindly advise. Also i have included my wifes email address and would like to download your plans especially interested in controller and power supply system & motors. many thanks

I am Tibmer merchant for 2 generation.
Now i am planing to extend my company. Planning to install wood carving NC Machines by three to six months. It would good that a rep. of your can contact me with details of your products.
I would like have brouchers of your product to the following address given below.

We are intersted in MechMate CNC system please let me know how we buy complete unit we want to use as experiment.

Hi
I woiuld like to consult somes files and don't have access to them. It says I don't have sufficient privileges. How can I get sufficient privileges?? Is that because I did not log in for a long time??
Thanks for helping!

w

I need now the price? Thanks

ddd

i whold like your cnc machine. i wand small cnc machine
pls details for me

CAN IGET A PHONE NUMBER AND SOME LITERATURE ON THIS MACHINE?

Good hour!
The products are produced by you caused our interest. We are sure that exactly your equipment will satisfy our requirements and expectations. For confirmation of my words ask you to deport us more detailed information about millings machines sold by you for creation of 3D models and matrices. Foremost, we are interested: list of the processed materials, technical feasibilities and range of metrical possibilities. I dare notice similarly, also we are interested by the possible options of Your equipment, such as: system of greasing and cooling of cutting instrument, attachment for the delete of shaving and dust, system of the automatic changing of instrument, attachment for the local clamp of material, sensor of surface, terminators of material, optical scanner of surface, 3D scanner, turning knife, plasma cutter, vacuum pumps, turning axes. What from above-stated an option included in base acquisition, what do not enter? What do you recommend to purchase, what co!
nsider superfluous?
Not unimportant a chief editing, teaching. For more near acquaintance, that we had a choice, ask you to give as possible complete top-level row of machine-tools with attachments of prices. We will consider any variants of logistic, the variant of DDP will be better. How are the guarantees of obligation served, post-service service? On this stage of query it is possible to wire for sound the maximal terms of delivery in our region. Does support or your machine-tools are compatible with popular 3D programs? How is software attached? Does this enter in a price?
We will thank, to get a referets sheet on various options. Because our interesting to use all possibilities of millings machines. We are waiting answers to our questions.
P.S. First that we ask you to send video films with Your machine-tools, obligatory requirement excision exactly of 3D forms, desirably not letters, namely architectural or sculptural forms. What are possible the greatest sizes of machine-tools?
We are always ready to answer Your questions.
With kind regards to you and Your matter

i have interest in router 2x3 to cut plastic wooden and aluminium? how much is the cost?

Would like to register and download the plans, it seems like a great machine...

could you send me info on the frame and pricing.
Thank you

hi
i have been very interested in building this cnc but cant figure out the cost of these machine what is the average cost to build it ... i have some access to a machine shop but foud it costly because its only one machine and they charge too much to obtain all the machining ... are there sources that these parts can be bought as a kit for me to assemble or is the cost the same a buying one made already more effective?
Thank you

I operate a woodwork shop in Jamaica. I would like to build my own cnc router or purchase one that is already built. We make furniture mainly from MDF and we do a lot of carvings of these mdf board too.

forgot user name and password

GOOD CAMPANY

Hello, I tried to register but my name or password is not recognized.

não consigo me registrar!!!!!

sdafw

i'd like a price quote for a 4x8 router table please

hi I am interested in building a mechmate would you please quote me on supplying a parts kit & shipping to sydney australia
thankyou

Hi
I ma needing a price on your tech mate machine.
Regards

Hello. My name is ********, I'm from Georgia, Atlanta, USA.
I'm physical person and I want to buy a CNC 4x8 from you.
I would like to keep it home and I would like to know the input power/voltage, motors power too.Could you give me some tehnical details like cutting speed, power, positional accuracy, resolution, please? I would like a detailed list about prices. One more thing I want to know how much is the shipping.
What kind of leasing do you have? But can I buy tne CNC like a physical person or not?
About the leasing, can you please send to me a detailed list about this.
Contact me please on email.
Thank you very much.

no password to log in
tryed ******* wont work
whats up

Im interesting on 4x8 system, and i want a cotation,
tanks

SIR, I would like to buy all mechanical parts to complete a machine cnc complete thank you

DEAR SIR
PLS SEND ME THE PRICES OF MACHIN &SPEAR PART

Hi
I can't seem to download free drawings as it keeps saying that i have no access... just registered today
Old Fri 11 September 2009, 12:04
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Wow,
That stuff is really hard to read through. I could not get past about half way.
Old Fri 11 September 2009, 12:06
isladelobos
Just call me: Ros

Canary Islands
Spain
Send a message via MSN to isladelobos Send a message via Yahoo to isladelobos
Wow !!!! you have a hard work in your eyes.

Quote:
hola,tengo una maquina shopbot y el spindle es hds,he contactado con ellos porque mi ventilador del spindle se ha roto y necesito uno nuevo y ellos me recomendaron a vosotros.gracias desde canarias
This is my confused "civilian" .... (i need contact with)
Old Fri 11 September 2009, 13:42
Doug_Ford
Just call me: Doug #3

Conway (Arkansas)
United States of America
You really are a saint Gerald.

So Wolf is your last name!!! I had been wondering what it was.
Old Fri 11 September 2009, 14:34
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
My condolences ….
And to say some are offended when you get irritated !!
I’d say most, if not all, would have a much more difficult time with half of what you go through
Merci for you devotion & support !
Old Fri 11 September 2009, 20:16
jehayes
Just call me: Joe #53

Whidbey Island, Washington
United States of America
Gerald: Thanks for sharing these. It goes to show that even in this age of instant communication, communicating isn't easy. My hat is off to you for your patience.
Old Fri 11 September 2009, 21:43
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
It is not as bad as it looks, there are only about 2 per week.

There was a time when I felt guilty for ignoring people. These days I find it easier to press the "Archive" button without doing a reply.

And it now filters through to my attitude on the forum. So many posts address me by name and I previously felt it would be rude to ignore such messages. (rude to the poster, as well as too other members who are interested in my reply). Well, my life does have other priorities, and I simply have to make a call of leaving out some replies. (the next 2 weeks will be a bit rough with our daughter's wedding - will have 12 guests compressed into our house)

Unfortunately this forum does not have a facility for marking a post as "unread", so that I could return there when I have some better free time.

Sorry for disappointing those that expect more of me.
Old Sat 12 September 2009, 07:41
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Gerald,

Congratulatons on your Daughter's wedding. The Parents are suppose to kick back and enjoy.....
Old Sat 12 September 2009, 09:24
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
. . . . . and organise, make a speech and PAY
Old Sat 12 September 2009, 09:29
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Here is a mail received from a guy today; I have never spoken to him before, he is not registered at this forum:

Hi Gerald, My name is **** an I picked up an old PR 48"x96" shopbot cable drive sys. My PC is 1100 cpu windows XP Mach 3, 35volt
ps Gecko G540 motors PK266 02A Dir drive. ******* help me with the wiring so I'm good there. I'm new to CNC This is my first one. I know the motors are small but thats what came with it. I've used mach to set my step per. but when I change the volcity or ac then my steps per are off. I've set my volcity from 50 to 300. I've ben playing for months an cant seem to get it set right. I've cut some parts an they are the right size an I always make a starting hole but it never lines up after the cut. I'm off by a 1/16" on the X axes its alway the + side. I know the cable sys is not that good but I would think that I could get it to zero. What is the unit value for my set up. I'd talk to SB but being that I've got mach 3 an G540 I did'nt thank they would be any help.From what I have read 200 x 10 x 1 = 2000 But when I use mach to set my step per depending on the volcity I set I get 2500 to 2700 step per.
My Z axes it seems to be on the money.The X,Y I cant get the right number.I'd go to R&P but the new motor is to costly right now.I put angle iron on the X axes. Any imfo would help thanks ****

That got archived without replying.
Old Sat 12 September 2009, 09:47
Doug_Ford
Just call me: Doug #3

Conway (Arkansas)
United States of America
Congratulations on your daughter's wedding. Pretty soon, you and your wife will become empty nesters!! We're almost there ourselves.
Old Sat 12 September 2009, 19:40
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Congratulations on your daughters wedding Gerald! I hope all goes well.
Old Sun 13 September 2009, 06:27
liaoh75
Just call me: David

Taibao
Taiwan
Congratulations Gerald! Best wishes to your daughter and your soon to be new extended family!
Old Sun 13 September 2009, 12:42
jehayes
Just call me: Joe #53

Whidbey Island, Washington
United States of America
David has it right, there is no such thing as an empty nest, only a bigger (and better) family. Enjoy the day and those to come.
Old Sat 03 October 2009, 21:48
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Some more recent mails:

hello just wondering where about in your forum is the instructions to build my own machine

What is a reasoable expectation of cost with regard to building this unit?

hi:dear
date i accept that from you thank you .
I' m making machine cnc activities.

Hi Gerald
Is anybody selling a kit of parts for this router?

I am looking for a complete CNC machine (excluding computer, software, router, and table). I don't mind assembly but I don't have much knowledge of the electrical/motor side of machine. Do you provide bundles of parts I can order, so I have a complete CNC machine?
About me...I have an architectural background and want to start my own design firm offering custom design services. I would like to be able to cut 4x8 sheets, but it seems things get expensive quickly at that size. How should I proceed from here?
Thank you,

Hello Administrator
I am a new member.
I want to start a new thread, but I do not know how to do?
Can you told me the steps?

I am interested in your CNC plans. If they are free, why it is necesary to register?
RN

Please accept my membership

Hi Gerald
Is anybody selling a kit of parts for this router?
Best regards

I really would like to know why have I been banned from your forum.
Just to say the truth??
Do you really think that defending slave labour,civil rights disrespect by buying chinese products should not be said??
Where is the democracy??
Old Sat 03 October 2009, 21:50
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
I am wondering if we need a FAQ page to which I can refer the e-mails?
Old Sun 04 October 2009, 01:12
Polder48
Just call me: polder

Edam
Netherlands
Gerald,

Do you realy think these people would read the FAQ page?

cheese Polder
Old Sun 04 October 2009, 02:10
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Maybe not before sending an e-mail, but then I could reply "See FAQ number **"

In fact, many of the "new" questions put to this forum could be answered with "See FAQ number **"
Old Sun 04 October 2009, 07:30
jhiggins7
Just call me: John #26

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Gerald,

I think a FAQ Page would be a welcomed addition to the Forum, especially after reading through the E-Mails you have to deal with.

Some forums insist that "newbies" read through the FAQ Page(s) before posting questions.
Old Sun 04 October 2009, 08:13
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
I think a FAQ might solve answering the same questions when new members want to start or people ask the same question.

We need a How to Start or Where Do I Start.
Old Sun 04 October 2009, 08:37
bradm
Just call me: Brad #10

Somerville(MA)
United States of America
I happen to like the characteristic this forum has: It encourages people to do their own research, understand the issues, and make a commitment before starting. I suspect this acts as a bit of a filter on the type of people that stick around.

Unfortunately, that creates a continuous need to re-answer questions, and that is both a drain and leads to redundant answers scattered all over.

I also really, really like the answers we get/give that provide pointers to relevant past discussions. It makes for well rounded responses that thoroughly answer both the original question and the follow up questions. In those cases that they don't, it tends to revive the past discussions for further clarification.

So I'd like to see a FAQ that, whenever possible, points to those existing threads of discussion. And I'm a little tempted to keep the location of the FAQ obscure, so that you can't just jump to it, even if that defeats the purpose somewhat.
Old Sun 04 October 2009, 08:43
Robert M

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Nils, FAQ are made to collect & gather many basic & redundant topics as the one you’re suggesting “ A how to start or Where do I start “ !
Amoug some good aspect of this new FAQ pages, it would not only minimize Email traffic address to Gerald but also minimize new threads, similar & redundant questions and best of all, simplify searches of basic info to new comers / watchers !
Gerald, I see a definite improvement for many reasons you are concern by…my vote on a FAQ page !
Robert
Old Sun 04 October 2009, 09:24
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Okay, what are the most frequently asked questions . . . . . and what are the standard replies. . . . . ?
Old Sun 04 October 2009, 09:43
bradm
Just call me: Brad #10

Somerville(MA)
United States of America
Here's some of the questions... I'll try to fill in answers after I research the threads to link to

How much does it cost? Why is it more expensive than an equivalent MDF chassis design? Why is it less expensive than commercial machines?
- Betweeen 22,000 and 70,000 South African Rands

What makes it different from (various commercial) options?

Can I make it portable / expandable / foldable?

Can I use X instead of Oriental Motors?

Can I use X instead of Gecko Drives?

Where do I buy one or a kit?

Can I extend it into a 4,5,6, or 24 axis machine?

What materials can it cut?

How long does it take to build?
Old Sun 04 October 2009, 20:59
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
How much does it cost to build?

Where can I get the laser cut parts?

What voltage power supply do I need for X motors?

How long does it take to build?
Old Mon 05 October 2009, 04:24
Robert M

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Where do i get the instructions?
Witch motors to choose?
Spec MM parts supplier sources !
Laser cut, water cut part, what is best or difference ?
What computer specs is needed ?
What is the max cutting height (Z travel ) ?
….
Old Mon 05 October 2009, 07:35
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Can you have the parts cut with a plasma cutter?
Old Tue 06 October 2009, 15:42
Atifeh
Just call me: Nader

Tehran
Iran
Send a message via Yahoo to Atifeh
I wonder if a FAQ could cover the diversity of the inquiries. Least, there will be a whole generation of emails demanding answer because "I could not find it in your FAQ section" or "you stated that a MechMate could be built within 3-6 months. Why mine is taking 9 months?"! Later you have established a responsibility and you should either respond or hire a paid technical multi-lingual clerk for an online help desk to respond: " No we don't", "Yes we do", " Let me check and get back to you", and so forth.

A FAQ addressing the registration and posting problems might be sufficient.

May I suggest this answer to be sent to all irrelevant inquiries:
This forum ... and the knowledge built up here was the product of individual dedication of the initiator and through serious collaboration, sharing personal knowledge and experiments, expert opinion and time and resource allocation of the members.

We encourage you to take some time and browse the forum and get yourself aquainted with the MechMate concept. There has been enough information covering various aspects, compiled here in the last few years and it is very likely that you find the answer to your question.

In order to get an answer, you need to take part in this forum; to take part in the forum means you should update yourself with the latest knowledge that all have contributed. If you are weak in a specific technical or engineering field, don't be discouraged. We all have been there but one way or the other

and through collaboration we have made our way. This is how we managed our problems and this is the only way we can address your problem.

May we also suggest that you get your very basic knowledge from other sources like Yahoo Groups and CNCZone.
Maybe it is Macbeth(tically) literal! Please tone it down.
Old Tue 06 October 2009, 23:44
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Nader, that is quite a useful statement as an introduction to a FAQ page....I like it!

We have to recognise that we will always have to deal with people who will want (demand?) a lot of support without being willing to put in a little effort from their side. My attitude is that I would prefer those people to simply move along and go somewhere else. We are now getting to the northern hemisphere's indoor season where millions of people amuse themselves in front of their PC's - we do not want thousands of people treating us as "amusement". Ignoring them is the right thing to do - I have finally convinced myself of that.

(This attitude explains why I have more sympathy with non-English natives who have taken the trouble to pose English questions for our benefit - they have already shown a willingness to put in some effort)
Old Wed 07 October 2009, 07:37
jhiggins7
Just call me: John #26

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
I also like Nader's statement. Well done, Nader.

I think the policies of this Forum are spot on. I remember starting out on the Forum being somewhat frustrated with the "lack" of step-by-step plans and detailed parts lists. As I worked through the plans, the pictures of in-progress and completed machines, the specific "how-to" directions for some tricky parts (like the welding sequence for the Y-Car and Gantry) and other quite useful discussion on the Forum, I not only COMPLETED a MechMate but became entirely convinced that I would not want it any other way.

I also love the international nature of the Forum. I see some folks struggling with English along with trying to complete a MechMate and it just makes me more determined to support them and help them if I can.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read