MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 01 September 2008, 02:38
isladelobos
Just call me: Ros

Canary Islands
Spain
Send a message via MSN to isladelobos Send a message via Yahoo to isladelobos
Oh thanks Johan !!!

dont see the details żi see a pmdx122?
Old Mon 01 September 2008, 02:49
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Sien, jy het tyd om te begin laat daai foto`s kom!
Old Mon 01 September 2008, 03:27
Lex
Just call me: Johan #56

Empangeni KwaZuluNatal
South Africa
Ros - Breakout board and power was purchased from a local supplier.
Hennie - The first smal hurdle I must be careful not to be to windgat and trip myself from here on.
Old Mon 01 September 2008, 03:48
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Pdf format of the above schematic - can be zoomed in.

Johan, the right hand proxy of the x-axis has both sides connected to 24V with no 0V connection.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LexMechMateCircuitFinal1.pdf (49.9 KB, 329 views)
Old Mon 01 September 2008, 04:15
Lex

Empangeni KwaZuluNatal
South Africa
Gerald, to be honest. I have only checked the proxy connections briefly. I need to search for more info on their correct wiring.
Old Mon 01 September 2008, 05:50
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Johan, I am sure that Greg will you out there. Useful that proxies can be connected directly to his board.
Old Mon 01 September 2008, 06:01
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Johan you can use only 2 inputs on the board instead of 3. Just spoke to Greg
z,y,1 x together and the second x- proxy on its own to square the gantry.I got a wiring diagram with my proxy`s which should help with my wiring.If you buy yours hopefully there should be a wiring diagram in the box.Do know that these things are quite interresting.
Old Mon 01 September 2008, 06:06
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
So by the way nice diagram
Old Tue 02 September 2008, 05:33
Bumole
Just call me: Bob

Greensborough, Victoria
Australia
Johan that is a very good diagram, quite clear and well labled. What program did you use to create it? I have been looking for one to draw up a diagram for my control box and your results are impressive. Well Done

Bob
Old Tue 02 September 2008, 05:41
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Johan probably won't tell you this . . . .

He is a practicing draughtsman by profession. It is not the software tools, but the person using it - he could draw you the same quality with a stick on the beach!
Old Tue 02 September 2008, 05:50
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Gerald don`t forget the experiance!
Old Tue 02 September 2008, 06:11
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Hennie, when you get to my and Johan's age (greybeards), we don't mention experience. Youngsters like you think that we are past our "sell by dates" - and we can't use the word "experience" if we want to apply for a job. But we can produce the goods!
Old Tue 02 September 2008, 06:42
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Gerald you make it sound like I still have bumfluff on my face,OK I must admit you are my elder by 40 years.I do agree that experience does get the job done.Why do you want to apply for a job at your age you should be standing next to beach with a fishing rod!
Old Tue 02 September 2008, 08:19
Lex

Empangeni KwaZuluNatal
South Africa
Bob - I have drawn the diagram in Autocad 2008 (no stick), which I use every day. Very flexiable program.
Hennie! The juniors in the office with me think it is very funny when I struggle to use a cell phone or when my qualification doesn't compare. Call themselves designers! Never design anything in their lives. But when I drag them to the plant/workshop they do not have a clue how to measure or how to fabricate anything.
My birthday year is the one before Gerald's. I am not so quick anymore, but tuff as a piece of biltong!
Old Tue 02 September 2008, 12:48
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Quite interresting,experience with age I do believe if you battle once and come up with a solution you will never battle ever again specially if you use the stuff between the ears and like the BIG BOOK says ask and you will get if you don`t ask you won`t get and if you don`t listen to advice from an old "toppie" its your own loss.OK oom Johan I will take advice from you and oom Gerald
Old Tue 02 September 2008, 14:17
Alan_c
Just call me: Alan (#11)

Cape Town (Western Cape)
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_c
Quote:
Originally Posted by hennie View Post
Gerald you make it sound like I still have bumfluff on my face,OK I must admit you are my elder by 40 years
Gee Hennie, I didn't realise you were only about 15 , you're making good progress for one so young and inexperienced...
Old Tue 02 September 2008, 21:59
Lex

Empangeni KwaZuluNatal
South Africa
Oom Johannes vir jou!
Yes, Alan, Hennie is doing well. Wow, to be a millionare at his age!
Old Tue 02 September 2008, 22:31
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
I wanted to say something......sorry at my age I have forgotten what it was.....did I say something ?
Old Tue 02 September 2008, 23:22
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Good morning oom Kobus, Hey Uncle Johan remember I am not allowed to PLay that lotto game I am still 15 remember but I am allowed to to use my skills in marketing and my Dip. in building draughtmanship I can also draw a straight line with a pencil .
Old Wed 03 September 2008, 01:17
Bumole
Just call me: Bob

Greensborough, Victoria
Australia
Lex
Quote:
Bob - I have drawn the diagram in Autocad 2008 (no stick), which I use every day. Very flexiable program.
Thanks for that
Old Sun 07 September 2008, 10:23
Lex

Empangeni KwaZuluNatal
South Africa
I was booked of sick for a couple of days after a tick bite. Waited for the fever that never arrived! So I worked on the control panel. I will replace the short ducting with a new piece of the correct length.
Break out board in the center with it's Psu at the top. I still need to place the order for the main isolator and the router contactor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Panel1E.jpg (35.1 KB, 1119 views)
Old Sun 07 September 2008, 10:32
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Now its going to start raining, some progress!
Took a drive to PE yesterday and picked up my motors from our contact.What a sight of enjoyment now I can finish my box.
Old Sun 07 September 2008, 22:40
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Hennie I am glad it worked out at the end.....now we want to see movement...and pictures...
Old Sun 07 September 2008, 23:04
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Watch my space.My workshop is nearly empty with the current projects then I can start putting my "Baby" together.
Old Sun 28 September 2008, 10:19
Lex

Empangeni KwaZuluNatal
South Africa
Laser parts

Received my laser parts last week. A few problems!
They cut the cable chain shelf 10 60 315 twice. One 4mm & one 6mm.
They quoted on the old version parts. I send them the new version drawings to cut & they still cut the old ones:
Car main plate 10 30 422 & carrier plates 10 20 452 doesn't have the slotted holes at the bottom.
The didn't bend the tabs on the spider plate 10 40 432.
I am not sure if the tabs will fit on the bending brake after the main bends are done. I am a little scared to cold bend them in the vice. If put some heat in the bend area it might be easier.
Any advise on that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LaserPartsE.jpg (47.5 KB, 1046 views)
Old Sun 28 September 2008, 10:35
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
They cut the cable chain shelf 10 60 315 twice. One 4mm & one 6mm.
I can see 1060215PA's shape lying there next to 1060315?
They quoted on the old version parts. I send them the new version drawings to cut & they still cut the old ones:
Happens all the time here too - but I don't pay for it. However, your set of plates looks fairly up to date?
Car main plate 10 30 422 & carrier plates 10 20 452 doesn't have the slotted holes at the bottom.
1020452 has had its slots deleted in later versions - you don't need them. Don't understand which slots you are referring to for 1030422
The didn't bend the tabs on the spider plate 10 40 432.
I am not sure if the tabs will fit on the bending brake after the main bends are done. I am a little scared to cold bend them in the vice. If put some heat in the bend area it might be easier.
Any advise on that?

It would be rare for a bending company to do those tabs. On the options schedule there is a note about doing them separately. Cold bending them with a hammer in a vice works fine. Some guys grind them half way through, bend on the cut, weld up the cut again.
Old Sun 28 September 2008, 10:54
Lex

Empangeni KwaZuluNatal
South Africa
Thanks Gerald!
I checked on that cable shelves again. You are right. Both are there.
The car main plate should be in it's own sentence, saying that the tab to mount the e-stop box is not there. Old revision.
Old Wed 01 October 2008, 03:34
Lex

Empangeni KwaZuluNatal
South Africa
I am sticking my neck out here!
This is my proposal for my table. It took me the whole of last month to draw it in Autocad Inventor. 10 Mins here and there in my lunch times, when I was allowed.
The view shows the table to my board selection size and bracing using 2" pipe instead of 1.5".
The welding run between the cross bearer and the leg will be weld prep and grind flat. (see detail)
Second detail shows a trimmed piece of channel welded to the pipe upright to form a nice bolting surface.
This might not make a lot of difference to stiffen the table but I might be able to add less position welding after assembly.
It is going to be more work!
What do you guys think of it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AssyTableIso1.jpg (31.9 KB, 1020 views)
File Type: jpg AssyTableTopView1.jpg (23.2 KB, 1021 views)
File Type: jpg AssyTableSideView1.jpg (12.3 KB, 1022 views)
File Type: jpg AssyTableBoltDetail1.jpg (18.9 KB, 1026 views)
File Type: jpg AssyTableBoltDetail2.jpg (17.9 KB, 1026 views)
Old Wed 01 October 2008, 08:23
Marc Shlaes
Just call me: Marc

Cleveland, OH
United States of America
Send a message via Skype™ to Marc Shlaes
Making this work (well) depends on finding parallel flange channel. I personally have had difficulty with that. On the channel that I have been shown by suppliers, the outside surfaces are out of parallel by 6 to 10 degrees. (3-5 each side)

I know it is available. I just haven't found a supplier that has it for a decent price.
Old Wed 01 October 2008, 10:01
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Johan, I don't think it is worth the extra work. The diagonal stays/gusset tubes at the ends do far more work than tightening up the joint between the leg/main-X-Beam/table channel cross support. By the same token, you could add more diagonal stays/gussets at the other points instead of mking a precision bolted joint.

However, if you have the time, and enjoy this sort of thing, go for it!

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read