MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > The Market Place
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 13 September 2007, 14:42
duluthboats
Just call me: Gary

Arlington, WA
United States of America
Programming Services

Gerald, you can delete this if it doesn’t fit here.
I would like to offer myself as a programmer for hire. Most of you will be able to do the 2D stuff by yourself. If you get that occasional 3D job I might be able to help. I have good software and should have no trouble posting code for most controls. Cost depends on the job and I would be willing to barter for help on my MechMate. I’m just thinking out loud. I have no current company name, so just call me Gary. ;-)
Old Thu 13 September 2007, 22:45
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Gary, this fits here perfectly - it is exactly what this section of the forum was created for.
Old Sun 23 September 2007, 04:58
cbboatworks
Just call me: Gene

Wilmington NC
United States of America
If any of you are looking for a programmer or draw up your dream job than Gary is your Man. He is working on a project for me and is doing an outstanding job.Thanks

Gene
cbboatworks@aol.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthboats View Post
I would like to offer myself as a programmer for hire. Most of you will be able to do the 2D stuff by yourself. If you get that occasional 3D job I might be able to help. I have good software and should have no trouble posting code for most controls. Cost depends on the job and I would be willing to barter for help on my MechMate. I’m just thinking out loud. I have no current company name, so just call me Gary. ;-)
Old Sun 23 September 2007, 21:44
duluthboats

Arlington, WA
United States of America
Gene, thank you, for the kind words and for sparking again my interest in DIY CNC routers.
My offer of programming services has been posted on other sites from time to time. I have not had many responses. I no longer have dreams of making a living as a stay at home CNC programmer. I work full time in a machine shop running and programming CNC mills and lathes. I have spent some time programming Komo routers. And I have attended Komo’s training for operators. They have a great machine but it is way out of my reach. I plan to build a MechMate because I like the design and the use of Mach3 operating software will make it easy for me to program. Setting up a file for your machine and control plus the first program is free. After that it’s $25 an hour for straight programming. For extra CAD work the cost will depend on the difficulty and if it is something I am interested in. I will give you a bid before I start.

Gary
Old Sat 02 February 2008, 18:11
skypoke
Just call me: Chuck

Port Aransas
United States of America
Gary, I see in your profile you use Rhino. A friend of mine is looking for someone with the ability to build 3d model of his boat design (it's cad drawn now), fair it, and do plate expansions for plasma cutting. I would imagine he will also need parts nesting and lead ins etc. If this is something you might be interested in, please let me know and I'll put you two in touch. Some day, I'll be looking for the same when I finish my 6 X 20 Mech.

Chuck
Old Sat 02 February 2008, 22:16
duluthboats

Arlington, WA
United States of America
Chuck,
I sent you an e-mail.
Gary

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read