MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Structure & Mechanics > 50. Toolheads
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 14 July 2009, 09:18
gixi
Just call me: Marius (AVO) #32

Bucharest
Romania
Send a message via Yahoo to gixi
Gooood prices for spindles from www.mototecnica.it

Last night while I was serching for spindles, routers, etc., I found this dealer on eBay Italy inverters_and_motors with very good prices.
He is seling amoung others those spindles produced by http://www.mototecnica.it.
I think this could be an option...
Old Sat 01 August 2009, 13:21
rhfurniture
Just call me: ralph

Cheltenham
United Kingdom
Hi,
Has anyone tried any of the spindles from mototecnica yet? They look a bit basic, but often basic = good. I cannot find anything out about them beyond their website, good or bad.
Ralph.
Old Sat 01 August 2009, 14:14
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Ralph, before we used Fimec and HSD spindles there was also hardly info out in public. These Mototecnica spindles are no more basic than HSD or Fimec - they are actually very simple motors with very expensive bearings.
Old Sun 02 August 2009, 03:59
gixi
Just call me: Marius (AVO) #32

Bucharest
Romania
Send a message via Yahoo to gixi
Gerald is right about this "brand". Just visit http://www.teknomotor.com/....
Then you understand. In fact first I get in contact with the representative of teknomotor in Romania and of course the price was around 50% higher than the producer. Then I give a random search on eBay Italy. Surprise !!! The same stuff with other "paint".
I prefere to buy from this kind of companies instead from China. The major problem is if I have an isue I can't speak with chinese seller. (just give a try...).
The seller was nice to do all the settings for me and he even plug the wires.
I don't know... I hope it will last enough to cover the investment on it .
Old Sun 02 August 2009, 07:37
rhfurniture

Cheltenham
United Kingdom
Hi,
Yes GIXI, tekno even use the same pdf as mototec for a catalogue. I wonder who actually makes them?
Gerald, yes, I currently have an 18k rpm fimec that works very well. I am looking for one to run at 21.5k (the max of my vfd). I have my current spindle set to go at 19k, and it cuts just that little bit better with the single flute insert cutters I use. I am hesitant to overclock it too far, though I suspect it is basically the same as a 24k model bar the bearings. I am looking for a second spindle any way.
Trust you are well and enjoying life.
R.

Last edited by rhfurniture; Sun 02 August 2009 at 07:39.. Reason: clarity
Old Sun 02 August 2009, 08:35
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Hi Ralph, yes I'm keeping well, and you with your Chinese influenced fine furniture?

Our Fimec and HSD spindles share identical parts, but I have learnt that is typical for Italian manufacturing. For my day job I use a range of hydraulic valves that are made in one factory and sold under at least 3 big brand names. We get our best price on these valves by importing from an agent in the UK who speaks Italian and visits Italy once a month to buy stock in bulk for his big client in the USA. The Italians tend not to give exclusive agencies - they are always open to (big) offers. It is not worth our while to seek the original source - it is better to find a big buyer from that source.
Old Sun 02 August 2009, 13:25
rhfurniture

Cheltenham
United Kingdom
Gerald,
Yes, doing fine. Occasionally it is Chinese, today it is a Kitchen.
I suppose the main differences might be in the wiring up, assembly neatness (mallet or press), and balancing:
"ROTOR: squirrel cage rotor balanced according to ISO 1940 norms: balancing grade 2.5"
Any interpretation gratefully received.
I don't suppose I dare ask the obvious question about the wisdom of overclocking 18K spindles?
Also has anyone yet tried a DIY bearing replacement on these things?

Regards,

R.
Old Sun 02 August 2009, 23:40
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
"Overclocking" theoretically is reduced life. If you look at the bearing specs of those used in handheld routers, they are all running faster than the bearing manufacturer intended. All of this is thumb-sucked "engineering" with dozens of variables. Eg. you could probably ran at 22 000 rpm at 50% load for longer than you can run at 18 000 rpm and 90% load. Who is going to argue?

Spindle Bearings replacement
Old Mon 10 August 2009, 07:28
HSDUSA
Just call me: Eric

Hollywood,FL
United States of America
Ralph, I see you are looking for a second spindle. If you are looking for a 24k model spindle for you machine we have a few of them here that would probably work for you. Send me a message with you email and I would be glad to help you out with pricing and information on the spindle.
Old Mon 10 August 2009, 08:19
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Eric, you are a little too eager to exercise your salesmanship across this forum. I also note your eagerness to supply spindles to people from Europe - isn't that the territory of HSD Europe(Italy)?
Old Tue 11 August 2009, 07:11
HSDUSA

Hollywood,FL
United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
Eric, you are a little too eager to exercise your salesmanship across this forum. I also note your eagerness to supply spindles to people from Europe - isn't that the territory of HSD Europe(Italy)?

I wouldn’t say I was too eager to exercise my salesman ship across this forum. We just got on the MechMate forum less than a week ago, and with the limited # of active threads you might think it was marketing, but there is no reason to respond to threads over a year old compared to the few that are active every day. We are just participating in it & if there were a question that I/we could answer we would be glad to. We are here to help as much as to get our name out there. I’ve only posted on 3-4 topics, and because there are only a few active recent ones I’m too eager? Why do you say that?

As for HSD Italy territory..... They are shut down the whole month of August, so I don’t know what kind of sales/service you're going to get right now. Plus we are all the same company and owned by the same people & I am just trying to get the HSD name out rather than steal sales from HSD Italy. Technically Europe is not just HSD Italy territory since we do have HSD Germany also…. How would that work? Do they step on each other’s toes like I am? I have communicated with a few people from the United States on here as well as Europe, South Africa (you), and AUS, so I wouldn’t say I was marketing Europe, I’m just posting with the people that are on the forums.

The type/model of spindle for your machine that I would suggest to you most likely would be the same spindle HSD Italy is going to suggest to you. So, if you were looking for a spindle I would help you, and if you wanted to purchase it and you were located in Europe I would refer you to HSD Italy, but at least I could help you with finding the right spindle and giving you the spindles information so you could just call up with model # and purchase it. Plus I think you might get a little better dialect in regards to English from me then our Italy partners. Just my $0.02 on what you said.
Old Tue 11 August 2009, 07:14
HSDUSA

Hollywood,FL
United States of America
WOW, that looks so long. I didn’t spend as much time typing it as it looks. It took me a few minutes and it looks like it took me hours/days. Sorry for such a huge post. Hope it don’t crash the server, just kidding.
Old Tue 11 August 2009, 07:36
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Eric, please start a thread in the Market Place section of the forum.

Your initial contribution to this thread was a blatant sales pitch and that is not going to be tolerated outside of the Market Place.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read