MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Computing, Software & Programming > 80. Computer Hardware & Software
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 30 January 2014, 20:42
Surfcnc
Just call me: Ross #74

Queensland
Australia
Wireless Controller Software Alternative

Hi all

I have been corresponding with Robert about the Logitech Wireless RumblePad Controller.
The Logitech Profiller software occasionally made the gantry move without it being requested on startup.
Typically it was a short move that could be counter acted with the controller.
It was easily settled on a restart.

Anyway with further testing I found that the wired F310, the wireless Rumblepad2 and the wireless F710 all had the same quirk.
This is obviously a software issue not a hardware issue.

I then searched for alternative software and came across the http://xpadder.com/ software.
It is $11 AUD for the software and it keymaps very nicely to control the Mechmate.
Using this alternative software all unrequested movement problems have now gone away.
Occasionally the Z axis won't move, but simply switching the focus to the Xpadder software and actuating the buttons always seem to get it moving again.
There are green indicator lights on the software interface that show when a button is being pressed, so it is very easy to tell if the software is registering the keypress.

So if anyone cares to test the software and give some feedback I would appreciate it.
Also if anyone has further suggestions about good, controller model non specific software also feel free to chip in.

Regards
Ross
Old Thu 30 January 2014, 20:58
darren salyer
Just call me: Darren #101

Wentzville mo
United States of America
interesting. I may raid my sons gaming area.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read