MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Computing, Software & Programming > 80. Computer Hardware & Software
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 17 August 2013, 23:50
Mrayhursh
Just call me: Hurshy

Riverview, Florida
United States of America
Mach 3 with ESS setup

I am trying to set up my PMDX-126 with ESS using Mach 3 software. I downloaded the ESS file "Installing and Configuring The Ethernet SmoothStepper" and read through the instructions several times. I went back and try to follow the step but I noticed that many of the screen prompts they mentioned were no where to be found. They must have written this another version of windows. Has anyone experienced this and found a resolution?
Old Sun 18 August 2013, 01:13
Surfcnc
Just call me: Ross #74

Queensland
Australia
I assume you are referring to the Soigeneris instructions.

In order for the smoothstepper to work you need to set the IP of the PC network adapter to a fixed IP.
You also need to allow the Configurator to run by allowing it to do so in the Windows firewall settings both on public and private networks.
If this is too hard maybe just turn off the firewall all together at least until it is working.
Once that is done you need to turn off the ESS move the jumper on the ESS and restart it in order to program the IP address for the device.
Failing to do so just lets it boot up as if the IP is already sorted.

After programming the ESS using the Configurator turn off the ESS and move the jumper again.

Ross
Old Sun 18 August 2013, 15:32
Mrayhursh

Riverview, Florida
United States of America
Thanks for the reply. I have been looking for the Configurator but unable to find it. Does anyone know where to find it?
Old Sun 18 August 2013, 21:24
Mrayhursh

Riverview, Florida
United States of America
Found Configurator on Warp9 website

Found Configurator on Warp9 website

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read