MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Computing, Software & Programming > 80. Computer Hardware & Software
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 14 January 2015, 04:58
Drexel
Just call me: John

Rose Hill, Kansas
United States of America
How do you open "attachment.php" files?

Hoping someone has seen this problem and can point me in the right direction.
I've tried downloading several file formats from the forum, txt, dxf etc. and each time I'm asked if I want to save "attachment.php". I tried looking into .php files, I think it's some sort of hypertext file or something. I've tried using inkscape and solidworks e drawings with no luck. I tried downloading a program I found on the net but my virus checker didn't like it so I abandoned that idea.
Is their a setting on my web browser (Microsoft Explorer) or a program that I need to look at these files?
Old Wed 14 January 2015, 20:47
ger21
Just call me: Ger

Detroit, MI
United States of America
I've seen other people run into this issue on other forums. I think it may be a security setting in your browser. I think that the file may be downloading correctly, and only the name is wrong.

Try right clicking on the links and choose "Save Target As"
Old Wed 14 January 2015, 21:04
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
You can also run into this on some sites that do not allow a download manager like downthemall or others like it. Try doing the download as Gerry mentioned without the manager.
Old Thu 15 January 2015, 05:09
Drexel
Just call me: John

Rose Hill, Kansas
United States of America
thanks Ger, Heath. Save Target As worked. When I save target as and give it a name with a .zip extension it saves it. Then I right click and tell it to open with Explorer. Explorer opens a new screen with the saved file in it and that file I can open with Solidworks Eviewer.
Thanks again guys

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read