MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Computing, Software & Programming > 80. Computer Hardware & Software
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 28 May 2013, 09:31
jsdrafting
Just call me: James

Oklahoma
United States of America
How to go about learning Aspire?

I have a little drafting business, pretty new at it. I got a call from a cabinet shop that would like to get a CNC table up and running, they have no experience with CNC. I have a little bit, very little bit. I am mostly familiar with 2D AutoCad, very basic Solidworks.

I see Aspire has a free trial and I was wondering the best fastest way to go about getting up and running. Is there a online simulator that I could try at home myself? What sort of time frame are we talking about to be able to use this program assuming someone is starting from scratch?

Thanks in advance.
Old Tue 28 May 2013, 09:49
darren salyer
Just call me: Darren #101

Wentzville mo
United States of America
Vectric has a ton of how to videos and Youtube has a bunch as well.
Great place to start.
Old Wed 29 May 2013, 18:20
Regnar
Just call me: Russell #69

Mobile, Alabama
United States of America
I have Vcarve which is Aspires little brother. I was up and cutting same day. After watching a few videos, making a piece to cut out was simple. The learning curve is not so much the Cad, Cam but more of the actual cutting of material. Speeds, Feeds and Bits will only come with experience. My first year I always bought extra wood not only to test cuts out on but also incase I had a goof. Now I am pretty confident and can shoot from the hip on the first sheet and modify from there.

Also if you are just blasting out code for the Cabinet Shop have a look at CabinetPartsPro. They have a pretty decent program just for designing cabinets.

Last edited by Regnar; Wed 29 May 2013 at 18:23..

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read