MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Computing, Software & Programming > 80. Computer Hardware & Software
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 19 October 2006, 10:41
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Extend keyboard/monitor/mouse far away from PC

Aten 220:

"The KVM Console Extender System allows access to a computer system from a remote console (keyboard, monitor, and mouse), it is perfect for factory and construction sites, or any type of installation where the console needs to be kept in a conveniently accessible location, but you want the system equipment to reside in a safe place - away from dust, dirt, and harsh environmental influences. This unit is also useful for control and security purposes, where you can have the system unit in a secure area at the same time that you put the console in a location that offers convenient access. The KVM Console Extender provides the ideal means to access the remote system box, since it improves on previous designs by using inexpensive Category 5e UTP cable - the kind commonly used in Ethernet networks - instead of bulkier, more expensive, standard cables. Category 5e cabling makes for a much neater, more convenient, more reliable data transfer connection. Setup is as easy as can be - simply connect the PC system the Local Module; run the UTP cable to the Remote Module (up to 150 m away); and plug the keyboard, mouse and monitor into the Remote Module. Note: You can control numerous remote systems from a single console by combining this unit with a MasterView KVM Switch." Priced at about $200 from various sources.

More "CAT5 KVM Console Extenders" from $150 to over $600
Old Fri 20 October 2006, 15:36
dingenis
Just call me:

just what im looking for, just what i have found,
should have passed by earlier.
thanks
D
Old Fri 29 May 2009, 03:30
ashgray2
Just call me: ashgray2

California
United States of America
I'm using this KVM Console Extender System for controlling my two servers. By this KVM I don't need two monitors , twokeyboards and two mouse. Just one of each then I'm going to switch it to use in the other computer. This was work's fine in using server computers.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read