MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > After Building the Beast - Operating , Troubleshooting and Maintenance > Troubleshooting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 21 September 2022, 15:01
Mcmoo
Just call me: McMoo

Norfolk
United Kingdom
Speeds.

Evening All,

I'm really interested to hear what feeds and speeds people are using to get an understanding of what's happening with my machine, and to see if I can improve on what I've currently got.

I've been machining some 15mm ply, and slowly ramped up my speeds, suddenly my whole sheet had 'ghosted'

Tried re-homing and running an air cut,.ended up binning 3 sheets of material and stripping down a gear box and checking grub screws were tight and replacing a stepper motor.

Lost a day of machine time, and well felt somewhat defeated.

Currently running a 2.2kw water cooled spindle, had a 6mm twin flute low helical cutter, running multiple passes at about 15kish rpm , I've been higher and lower and seem to be able to get about 3500 to 4000 mm per minute, using uccnc.

Many Thanks

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read