MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Construction started, but not cutting yet
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 08 May 2019, 18:16
lonestaral
Just call me: Al #114

Isarn
Thailand
Send a message via Skype™ to lonestaral
Well done.
It feels good when the smoke stays inside.
Old Sun 19 May 2019, 14:04
xraydude
Just call me: Ted

New Orleans, LA
United States of America
Wild Kingdom around here... and still working on 4th axis

Finishing up the mount for my 4th axis. It lets me drop the center of rotation to roughly even with the top of my spoilboard and in front of the machine. Should be able to turn up to a 15cm x 120cm cylinder, which is much more than I need for my application. Hope to have it finished today or tomorrow and will get some pics up for ridicule! I'm sure there is an easier way to do it.

Anyway, when I came in to my shop yesterday after being in New York all week, I found that I had unauthorized tenants. Loud, angry tenants. A nesting pair of Carolina wrens had set up a nest in an old amplifier I have on a shelf and proceeded to hatch their family. They take a dim view to my banging, cutting, welding, grinding near their home so I have been fussed at for two days. For a little bird, they have a very loud tweet! Also, I checked one of my game cameras that I have mounted back behind my shop. I have been trying to capture some of the deer that wander through, but I caught a sneaky bobcat instead! No wonder my German and Australian Shepherds go crazy when I let them out into my fenced in back yard at night. Okay, back to it.

Ted
Attached Images
File Type: gif wrens.gif (193.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg bobcat.jpg (185.7 KB, 21 views)
Old Mon 20 May 2019, 00:52
bachaabdelkabir
Just call me: Abdelkabir

Casablanca
Morocco
congratulations on your build and good luck for the 4th Axis
Old Mon 20 May 2019, 16:13
xraydude
Just call me: Ted

New Orleans, LA
United States of America
4th axis pics

Here is the 4th axis installed. Need to drill and tap for 4 more M10 bolts and get a longer M12 bolt for the alignment adjustment. Both head and tailstock can be moved on the rails and are both easily removable to get out of the way and store if not being used.

Ted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4thaxis1.jpg (141.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 4thaxis2.jpg (176.5 KB, 4 views)

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read