MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Common Assemblies & Parts > Motors & their mountings
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 24 October 2010, 12:00
andrewuk
Just call me: Andrew

leeds
United Kingdom
stepper motors

Hi does anyone know if their is a difference between motionking 34HS9801 and Deitech 86HS9801 stepper motors? on the spec sheet they look identical and are probably from the same manufacturer. Thanks
Old Mon 25 October 2010, 05:12
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Andrew.

Search the forum for the motor numbers. I see Ken C may be using those motors and can tell you about them.

I saw a few threads on that 86HS9801 number referenced.

http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showt...&postcount=148
Old Tue 26 October 2010, 03:39
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
I use 86HS9801 so far not a glitch (unless you consider 50 Deg C a proBlem), but I have no experience with MK 34HS9801 or anyother NEMA34 stepper motors, so really can't comment on the difference.
BUT I do remember the specifications are identical.
Old Tue 26 October 2010, 08:04
Metalhead3
Just call me: MetalHead3

AL
United States of America
Ken,

How was your experience getting the motors ordered? Any problems there? How long did it take to get them?
Old Tue 26 October 2010, 08:47
KenC

Klang
Malaysia
Not a glitch and Claudia the sales rep is really accomdating. Choice of Paypal& Credit Cards.
Arrive within a week... or was it 3 days... Very well packed. I even got the drivers which they recommanded.
Old Tue 26 October 2010, 10:23
fanefane
Just call me: Stefan #73

Baia Mare
Romania
Hi there! I bought the motors from Claudia too, and the price was good, also the shipping. I'm going to buy the other stuff from her too.
Old Tue 26 October 2010, 13:23
andrewuk

leeds
United Kingdom
Thanks for the replies im going to order from Deitech tomorrow.
Old Tue 26 October 2010, 13:48
danilom
Just call me: Danilo #64

Novi Sad
Serbia
I had problems with deitech motors, be sure to tell them to test if the shafts can be rotated by hand, I got 8 and only 2 motors were ok, the bearings were not pressed right in factory. and take only the 8 wire model.

i see you are in UK, consider to call these guys
http://www.rhonmac-cnc.co.uk/electro...pper%20Motors:
Old Tue 26 October 2010, 14:00
andrewuk

leeds
United Kingdom
Thanks for the warning Danilo now i'm not too sure.
Old Tue 26 October 2010, 14:02
danilom

Novi Sad
Serbia
deitech is ok i bought also spindle and drives for milan and its perfect, just warn them to check steppers thats all
Old Wed 27 October 2010, 12:26
andrewuk

leeds
United Kingdom
faulty motor

hi Danilo when you discovered your motors were faulty who paid for the shipping costs.
Old Wed 27 October 2010, 12:31
danilom

Novi Sad
Serbia
I did not return them, it would be mission impossible from my country, just run them couple of days and they somehow unlocked, they were cheap and soon as my business turns out right I will buy new ones but for now these work ok for the price of a single expensive motor.
Old Sat 30 October 2010, 06:41
J.R. Hatcher
Just call me: J.R. #4

Wilmington, North Carolina
United States of America
Send a message via Skype™ to J.R. Hatcher
Danilo #64 did you use all 10 motors? I have something I would like for you to try if you have an extra motor.
Old Sat 30 October 2010, 06:47
danilom

Novi Sad
Serbia
Milan and I bought 8 pcs, I have four and other four are on milan's MM.

I can try anything, no job for MM at the moment and I can detach them easily, ask?
Old Sat 30 October 2010, 18:06
J.R. Hatcher
Just call me: J.R. #4

Wilmington, North Carolina
United States of America
Send a message via Skype™ to J.R. Hatcher
Danilo #64 it's not worth removing the motor. If you had a motor not hooked up I was going to ask that you simply touch all the wires together and try to turn the motor by hand, it will not turn .... could this have been the problem with the 6 motors?
Old Sun 31 October 2010, 02:20
danilom

Novi Sad
Serbia
I know that much about steppers I had a cnc before, these would lock and heat up faster even when turned by driver on kitchen table, so no it was not problem with wires. something inside was not set right and after lots of turning it came loose or "grind" down. I do not notice errors or malfunction during work.
Old Sun 31 October 2010, 02:55
KenC

Klang
Malaysia
Over heat? Over voltage can cause this too.
Did you measure the actual coil inductance? I double checked the actual coil inductance before I build my PSU. mine are 42~46C @ 65Vdc. BTW, the motors are warmest in holding mode.
Old Sun 31 October 2010, 03:51
danilom

Novi Sad
Serbia
no it does not overheat now it was inside friction for sure.
Old Sun 31 October 2010, 09:48
fanefane
Just call me: Stefan #73

Baia Mare
Romania
I had the same problem with the stepper motors because the wires where touching each other and they didn't turn. Now they are ok.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read