MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 21 January 2010, 06:57
gmcclure
Just call me: Graeme

Geelong
Australia
Hi Graeme from Geelong, Australia

Hi,

My name is Graeme McClure. I have been looking at this Forum for a couple of weeks.

Just ordered the V bearings tonight. Spent most of te day nesting cutparts and ordering steel.

My friend Oshwald and myself shall be building 2 units (at the same time), one will live in Geelong, the other in Bayswater. (Victoria, Australia)

Motivtion was that just before christmas my Father in Law had a stroke, he loves woodwork; this shall enable him to go on with it, using one hand (and the help of a grandson to load the CNC).

A little about myself, electrical control systems engineer. Like some on this Forum I also sail [NACRA 5.8] (and have a beard). Married with a young Son and Daughter.

I have a couple of question regarding zeroing Z axis and fitting a proxititys witch. The other is on attaching Dust collector.

Anyway more of those question in the appropriate places
Old Thu 21 January 2010, 07:33
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Welcome Graeme,
Seems MM is getting popular in Australia.
Old Thu 21 January 2010, 07:34
riesvantwisk
Just call me: Ries #46

Quito
Ecuador
Send a message via MSN to riesvantwisk Send a message via Skype™ to riesvantwisk
Graeme

welcome to the forum, as you have been reading the MM is awsome
Sorry to hear about your father in law, but it's great to see people care for each other like this.

Ries
Old Thu 21 January 2010, 17:08
MattyZee
Just call me: Matt

Adelaide
Australia
Welcome Graeme, Geelong is a great place. I lived there for a year back in 2002 when i came over to work at Ford in the engine design team in the co-operative education program (work experience for undergrad engineers). I stayed out in Clifton Springs for half of it then out in Grovedale for the rest.
Good luck with your build. I'll take some photos on the weekend of example cuts and reply to your query in my thread.
Old Fri 22 January 2010, 01:17
AuS MaDDoG
Just call me: Tony #71

Brisbane
Australia
Good to see another Aussie building!! good luck with your build Graeme!!

Cheers
Tony.
Old Fri 22 January 2010, 02:16
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Soon Australia will be flooded with MM.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read