MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 01 May 2014, 17:33
danilom
Just call me: Danilo #64

Novi Sad
Serbia
The glue will fail for sure at some point

design an enclosure around the whole motor with some went holes at angle that water won't penetrate, in this scenario motor will rust for sure if sprayed with water (paint will hold it off but all of them have some scratch and they will rust eventually on that point), screws that hold the parts of motor will too, and the sticker protecting the back hole could peel off.
I can't say for the gearbox but I think that its not watertight, some who have opened them can say for sure if its or not.
Old Fri 02 May 2014, 17:54
Guillermo
Just call me: Guillermo

Puerto Ordaz
Venezuela
Danilo.

Good point. Rust is a factor that I had not considered.

A motor inside a enclosure will be fine whenever we ensure it does not overheat.

That's something for what I will have enough time to review. For now I need to focus

on the kitchen table project.

Regarding to the PS wiring. 25V+25V parallel = 25 VAC x 1.4 = 35 VDC that is the

power needed. Could you or anyone else confirm if the diagram with red indications

is the one corresponding to this configuration.

Thanks.

Guillermo

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read