MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 12 February 2010, 00:44
DCJones
Just call me: David

Mid North Coast NSW
Australia
Talking Yet Another Ozzie!!

Hi all!
I have been lurking for quite a few months now but have been prompted to break my silent habit earlier than I intended just so I can officially say THANK YOU GERALD before it was too late!!! Gerald your kind generosity and support has spurred me on to finally build (soon) something that has all my interests in one spot... woodwork, computers, electronics, robotics, some metal work and above all gagets. I am at present waiting for 'ManLand' ie the backyard shed to be built so I have somewhere to house the MM once it's constructed. I had hoped to get it built by Christmas but the festive season, weather and work commitments have got in the way (the slab is formed up but not poured yet!).
I don't work in any of the above listed fields (I work in emergency services known here in Oz as 'triple O') so have had my work cut out for me convincing my wife that I 'need' a MM (especially on top of the cost of the shed). But what is the point of having a shed if you don't fill it with tools? Anyway when I do get around to my first cut I will be like a pig in mud and it is all due to you Gerald, so I can not thank you enough in advance of that momentus occasion. I know your future endevours, whether or not as the moderator of this great site, will be fruitfull as you have amassed massive amounts of good karma from your overwhelming generosity...

Cheers David
Old Fri 12 February 2010, 01:07
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Welcome David. (I am getting a secret government sponsorship to convince Aussie men to stay off sportsfields and spend their time in their backyard sheds )
Old Fri 12 February 2010, 01:23
DCJones
Just call me: David

Mid North Coast NSW
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
Welcome David. (I am getting a secret government sponsorship to convince Aussie men to stay off sportsfields and spend their time in their backyard sheds )
Hey Gerald, I'm the same vintage as you which means, in my case at least, they pay me to stay off the sports field.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read