MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 30 August 2009, 09:11
Jon Dimond
Just call me: Jon

Worcester
United Kingdom
Hello from Worcester, UK

Hi everyone, I've been lurking around here for the last few weeks so thought it was time I introduced myself.

I'm 27 years old and completely new to the world of CNC machinery. I currently work for the local authority and drive a desk for a living. I need a new challenge so I want to set up a company producing interiors for camper vans, kitchens and general woodworking.

The MechMate looks like an invaluable resource and I can't wait until I can get started on building one. I'm just reading up as much as possible at the moment, studying plans and building a list of parts and suppliers. One of the other members on the forum lives about 10 miles from me and has said I can have a look at his progress and ask advice. Fantastic .

You guys seem to have a really great forum here which is truly international. Its so interesting to see the different challenges people face building stuff in different countries. I'm amazed by the level of support and knowledge here.

Anyway, that's me, so Hi
Old Sun 30 August 2009, 10:36
andyclarkecncuk
Just call me: andy

bristol
United Kingdom
Hi Jon,

I have just completed my mechmate and i too did not have any experiance of cnc.
I wish you the very best with your build and if i can help with any parts of the build please let me know.

Andy
Old Sun 30 August 2009, 12:24
Jon Dimond
Just call me: Jon

Worcester
United Kingdom
Thanks Andy. I really enjoyed reading your build thread and it looks like you've come out of it with an excellent machine. I'll definitely take you up on that offer of help once I inevitably get stuck.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read