MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 60. Wiring & Cable Management
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 21 February 2009, 08:51
revved_up
Just call me: Craig

Hartland, MI
United States of America
what about connectors like this?

What do you think about these tuff-link connectors. they have junction type boxes also and was wondering if it would be feasable to run one multi-core wire for the motors and then split it out at a junction on the mech mate to the individual motors or would we still have problems with signal interference.

http://www.remke.com
Old Sun 22 February 2009, 01:47
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Craig,

They will work but they seemed a bit expensive. I thought my Neutrik Connectors were expensive and I paid about $7 for each of them.

Your pick will work.
Old Sun 22 February 2009, 08:02
revved_up

Hartland, MI
United States of America
I haven't picked them yet but I can get some of them locally for about 10 bucks each from a electrical supplier who is going out of business, just the connectors of course not the prewired connectors that they also offer on the site. I was mostly thinking that if I can send all the motor wires out on one multicore cable and split them at the table on a junction box then it might be some savings. I was going to buy wire from this business next week so trying to decide what to do ahead of time so as to only buy once.
Old Sun 22 February 2009, 08:44
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Craig, I havn't heard of folk running more than one motor per cable. However, many folk have success with unshielded motor cables bundled together, which is probably similar. But, there are also the cases where the bundled together unshielded cables don't work out . . . . . .

Couldn't find instructions for fixing those connectors to the cables......might need a special crimping tool? There is just too little info to judge whether those connectors will work. (are there any bulkhead connectors for penetrating the skins of the boxes? are there male and female connectors? etc.)
Old Sun 22 February 2009, 09:23
revved_up

Hartland, MI
United States of America
yes they have mating connetors for the control box, my thought was if I ran a 12core shielded cable from the control box to the table and then split it out as a 4core to each motor just kicking ideas right now. I bought most of my electronics and my laser parts over a year ago so trying to get moving again
Old Sun 22 February 2009, 09:57
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
If you go for a 12 core cable, it will probably be too thick to flex in the cable chain. That means you can use very little 12 core - only between the control box and static table. Is it worth it?
Old Tue 24 February 2009, 13:57
LIBBIT
Just call me: John

Mt Roskill, Auckland
New Zealand
Wiring diagram

Hi guys,

Pls have a look at this wiring diagram. Johan (Lex) allowed me to use his master and advised a few changes. I'm going to use the CNCDirect BOB. What do u guys think?

Regards
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MechMate wiring diagram 25Feb.pdf (145.1 KB, 261 views)
Old Tue 24 February 2009, 17:59
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
John,'
Your main contactor as shown is not "latching", thus your remote estops will not drop power to the table. Only signal an e-stop to the BOB. Compare your wiring diagram to the download set "typical" wiring. If I get time, I will address your drawing in detail tomorrow at the office.
Sean #5

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read