MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Archives
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Wed 20 December 2006, 10:27
Donald Neisler
Just call me:

Ok, I got final numbers in.

$225/$285
Plus Shipping.

I have done 2 quotes using Geralds Estimate 45# weight and charges have been $35 + depending on location.

You can order here from by normal business. You can use Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or PayPal.

PayPal is prefered due to the charge me less fees.

https://www.donalds-hobby.com/prod/s...idProduct=1203

I plan on ordering the parts as soon as possible.
Old Thu 21 December 2006, 14:36
Donald Neisler
Just call me:

Production has started on the sets. You still have a few days to order if you want a set though. Just email me and let me know ASAP.
Old Tue 26 December 2006, 08:42
Donald Neisler
Just call me:

First run is full now. If any one else needs/wants a set email and I get you more details.

Thanks Everyone.
Old Thu 28 December 2006, 11:06
dneisler
Just call me:

Wow, first 7 sets are ready to be shipped to me then off to the bending people. The remaining sets for everyone are about a week behind.

Anyone has questions just let me know.

Thanks
Old Sat 30 December 2006, 09:35
David Rosenbleeth
Just call me:

Regarding: The "parts quantities and list". There are a couple of minor parts for the z slide assembly that are not in the dxf files yet. Namely the strut bracket and the z spring anchor. They are in the PDFs. These are quite easy to cut and machine from some square cut stock and the bending, etc. does not appear to be too critical in dimensioning and tolerances, but if the job is being done by a laser cutter and bender, one might as well let them do them at the same time as the rest of the shaped parts.

I would also like to take this opportunity to wish all a very happy, safe, and peaceful New Year.

I look forward to assembling the new gantry, car, and slide for my bot in the coming year and sharing it's cutting results with all.

Dave
Old Mon 01 January 2007, 20:32
joe
Just call me:

Is there a picture you can provide on the website, or here of the cut parts you are getting made?

Thanks, Joe
Old Mon 01 January 2007, 21:22
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Dave, the final dimensioning on those parts depend on the springs (gas and wire) available to you. They are very simple to make at home once you have checked out your springs.

Thanks for the new year's wishes, and the same to you.
Old Tue 02 January 2007, 06:52
dneisler
Just call me:

As soon as I see the parts come in I will snap a pic for everyone.
Old Wed 03 January 2007, 14:33
dneisler
Just call me:

I have a palet of parts here, all very nice looking. I just dropped them off to be bent. They said hopefully 2 days to have them done.

Can't wait to get started on mine :-)
Old Wed 03 January 2007, 23:20
Gerald_D
Just call me:

And the chant starts up in the arena.....PIC_tures_PIC_tures_PIC_tures.....
Old Thu 04 January 2007, 16:47
Bill McGuire
Just call me:

Thanks much for gettiing those parts cut, Donald... and thanks again to you too, Gerald, for all your work...
Bill McGuire
Old Fri 05 January 2007, 10:42
dneisler
Just call me:

Gerald,

Quick Question...

My bending people are trying to finish up the parts and are having issues with the litte ears that stick off the Z spider plate.

It appears they are for limit switchs/stops etc.

They are asking if they grind then partially through the bend mark bend manually and tig weld them in place. Something about they can't get them in there machine to bend correctly.
Old Fri 05 January 2007, 11:37
Gerald_D
Just call me:

I g-clamp a bit of steel behind the bend and then hammer them over. Literally takes 2 minutes, a hammer, g-clamp and chunk of steel about the same weight as the hammer with a square corner. (They are right - those bends don't fit in a standard bender).
Old Fri 05 January 2007, 12:11
dneisler
Just call me:

I talked to them again, they are going to try that, if they can't they can do it there way. They assured me you want even hardly be able to tell the difference between the two. These guys do this stuff everyday so I tend to listen them more than my thoughts. Just trying to get a good product out to the guys here.
Old Fri 05 January 2007, 12:24
Gerald_D
Just call me:

The notch&weld process is technically okay, but maybe over-complicated (expensive?) for the end result.
Old Fri 19 January 2007, 07:47
dneisler
Just call me:

Due to a small mishap, the first and second batchs are combined now.
I have 7 kits minus one part ready to ship. There is a part that was to be bent in mirrors, your guessed they didn't. I got 7 rights. Luckily I have 7 more kits coming, should be here next week early and we are bending those all Lefts and we should be good from there.

I hope to have them shipped possibly next week.
Old Fri 19 January 2007, 08:34
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Those mirror parts are not essential at all. Maybe I should take that comment off the drawing....
Old Fri 19 January 2007, 10:38
dneisler
Just call me:

Interesting. From quick memory, wouldn't it put the motors at two different places? I don't think that would be a issue either, but I want to get them out perfect as possible.
Old Fri 19 January 2007, 11:17
Gerald_D
Just call me:

The x-motor pinions are on the center of the gantry. Looking at an x-motor, the hinge bolt would be on left and the spring to the right. Or something like that.....

If the bent parts are mirrored, then both x-motor hinges are towards X=0 and the springs are towards X=max.

If the parts are not mirrored, one end of the gantry has the motor spring to x=0 and the other spring to x=max, but looking at the motors from their backs, the springs are on the same side.

As I said, the motor pinions are center, so there is no functional difference.

Where it might make a difference in the future is when we develop a standard wiring method or wiring harness, but this is still a very vague area.....
Old Mon 29 January 2007, 11:13
Gerald_D
Just call me:

I am totally surprised at the supposed lack of laser/profile cutting facilities in places like Sri-Lanka, India, Pakistan, etc.

A little bit of googling only proves to me that Google isn't very good at locating such facilities - a search on "laser cut steel cape town" did not quickly show me any of the 5 machines owned by 4 companies here.

As a challenge, I am on a mission to find a laser/waterjet profile cutter in Pakistan. Nearest I've found so far is "Trident Support" in Dubai UAE.

Iran: AHMADI INDUSTRIAL GROUP)
Old Mon 29 January 2007, 14:11
Stephen Hull
Just call me:

http://www.naukri.com/gpw/rishi/final/index.htm Hi Gerald,
Yahoo search turned up Rishi Laser Cutting Limited, located through out india. On my search, it was the 4th item.

Stephen
Old Sat 03 February 2007, 15:20
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Sourcing a set of laser cut steel components to build the MechMate

¿Are there any pictures yet?
Regards
Old Fri 09 February 2007, 12:02
dneisler
Just call me:

Ok, I have both first and second batch complete and in my hands. I just spent $70 on boxes to box these things up in. Plan on boxing this weekend and Fedex to pick them up monday.
Old Fri 09 February 2007, 12:20
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Can we beg you for some pictures?

(Mail them to me (gerald(at)mechmate(dot)com) and I'll post them for you)
Old Fri 09 February 2007, 18:18
dneisler
Just call me:

I will try to get some for you.

Congrats Wayne Painter Kit #1 Shipped Today.
47# of Goodies!

FYI The shipping cost was $42 for this one. :-)

I need about 4 more people before I can order Batch #3 if anyone wants a set.
Old Fri 09 February 2007, 20:10
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

dneisler I will be ready for an answer Tuesday. Right know I am moving my shop and that is a hell of a mess but I don't want to loose this opportunity so put me in your list and I will confirm Tuesday.
I really hope this can grow and you can continue sending those kits. I am really counting with that great opportunity you are giving.
Old Sat 10 February 2007, 11:47
dneisler
Just call me:

Highest shipping so far was $50, still I was expecting some to higher. I have 5 shipped till I ran out of peanuts and stuff. Gotta get more of those.
Old Sat 10 February 2007, 12:11
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Took me a while to figure out these are the peanuts
Old Sat 10 February 2007, 17:15
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

OK Donald. No more waiting. I will be ordering tonight. ¿How long do you think will take sending it to mi address in Miami?
Thanks
Old Sat 10 February 2007, 18:36
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Donald It looks like my Pay Pal account is having system problems so I use my regular Visa Card. Is there is any extra payment just let me know.
Gerald check one more. The family keeps growing.
Closed Thread

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read